The Yomega Fireball

Who else started throwing with the Yomega Fireball and X-brain? These are what I believe were my very first yoyos back in the 90’s.

10 Likes

I started on a classic Duncan imperial which was my first. However after a couple months maybe my second yo-yo was a fireball. It blew my mind at the time with the jump in performance. I credit the Fireball for actually pushing me into this hobby really.

4 Likes

I also started on an Imperial (Midnight Special), although technically I traded my original Brain for it in middle school. But Fireballs at the Y camp where I worked were the go-to model (along w Black Mambas, da Bombs, and the rare & revered THP Raider, which I actually got as a gift from a kid at the end of that summer). All the kids had either red or blue Fireballs. I ended up getting a purple and was so stoked on it. I’ve still got it.

8 Likes

My first yoyo was the capless version of the Fireball, a Power Spin.

My second yoyo was this red Fireball:

The Power Spin broke one day and young me just threw it away.

5 Likes

I started with an inexpensive Duncan back in the 50s. My older brother won a Diamond Tournament at a competition in a public park. I was so jealous!

2 Likes

So cool! I started with a red fireball myself

2 Likes

Wish I still had mine. This grab a new one

2 Likes

I’ve got a red one w/red caps. Actually they are a pretty good looper. Some days I prefer it to my Raiders.

7 Likes

I still have a few of my old yomegas from my childhood, had to have that xbrain grinding sound to be a cool kid back in 6th grade!

2 Likes

anyone remember super yo? I remember these guys doing a show at my school and they sold super yo yo-yos after. I got a super yo triple play haha

4 Likes

Same!!!

I started with the duncan butterfly, and if I remember I took it apart and modded it with a bearing

4 Likes

Heck yeah! The Super-Yo Renegade was my go to throw from that era. By far the smoothest on the string out of all the yo-yos I owned.

3 Likes

Haha I have to get another one

My only super yo was an invader but it is pretty sweet!

1 Like

My Fireball has been through some things. I have passed it on.

10 Likes

The Yomega Brain (Not the x-brain but classic) is what sparked my interest in yoyoing to begin with, but my first throw was an Imperial. Eventually got the Brain for my birthday and then I saw a classmate with a Fireball…I wanted one so bad, found out where they bought it only to find out that the toy store was sold out for a few weeks. Finally got one and that thing got a lot of mileage out of it.

3 Likes

He is starting early. World champ soon

2 Likes

I heard people talking about them a lot on the yoyo podcast from last year, but I didn’t know I had one until I was cleaning my office today. Found a barely used clear one. I tried it a bit, but it needs some tuning. Response is unpredictable.

2 Likes

Adjustment is oiling the trans axle.

2 Likes