The Yo News: Weekly News and Tutorial Roundup

Dang! That’s amazing! PVC pipe is an interesting alternative. I have one that has stupid vibe, I even bought a new one. But I love the original colorway I have. Think I’ll give something like that a try.

EDIT: Wrong topic. Sorry.

2 Likes

Wrong topic?

1 Like

Hahaha, dangit indeed. I was responding to the “Fix vibe” on a bimetal" topic.

My apologies. Anyway, I’m following the YoNews account.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought. I was looking at that thread too

1 Like

thanks for the promotion.
In store YoYoExpert Feb 22 :wink:

11 Likes

Sadly TheYo and most all associated with it died with YoMike.
Nothing really remains.

3 Likes

Sorry about any confusion with the name, I wasn’t aware of theyostore before.

3 Likes

Here’s the weekly news post:

I’m also trying to compile weekly tutorials as well. There’s lots of great tutorials posted in various places every week! Here’s this weeks tutorial roundup:

4 Likes

More news for this week!!

6 Likes

The insta will be now be accepting submissions for ideas, storys, or opinions that you want to share. The goal is to make a place where people can share ideas without toxicity.

4 Likes

An example submission, written by me!

2 Likes

I know it’s just an example submission from you but I’d still like to discuss the idea of changing evalulation/technical execution ratio. I think evals counting 40% of the overall score is plenty already. Looking at the world yoyo contest results of 2019 you can see that the contestant in 1A with the highest TE score only got the third place because he lacked in the Evals department. The same happened in the 4A division with second place getting the highest TE score. The same phenomenon that the contestant with the highest TE still doesn’t get the first place almost happened in the 5A division too. The second place is 0.1 points behind the first place in TE but if it was the other way around so that he was leading in TE with 0.1 he still would have gotten second place.

People are already winning despite not scoring the highest in TE so I am against making evals score even more.
Results of 2019 wyyc Results - World YoYo Contest 2019 - Cleveland - Aug. 7-10

1 Like

Glad you read it! It was an example but not just an example, you know?
Well, the issue isnt necessarily that theres too many or too little evals its just that its the same exact evals every time. Maybe the evals should be switched around, maybe there should be some more evals with a more technical focus (like zoning in scales)

1 Like

I looked up the zoning rules that you mentioned. It’s an interesting idea to have several evaluation categories that are interchangeable so that the next contest will always have a different set of eval categories than the last one.
Personally I am against it but with some effort put in I can also imagine that your idea would work out. Maybe the last five world champions get to choose the next interchangable eval categories for the next championship or something (just a quick idea).

3 Likes

News and Tutorial Roundup for this week!

3 Likes

I also think that there are some potential downsides to doing things that way but if its variety that we want in competitive yoyoing then chaging up contests every year is a very real way to make it happen.

News and Tuts for this week!

4 Likes

News for this week and last week, I was travelling last week so I’m doing both in one post lol

1 Like

Tutorial Roundup

3 Likes

The weekly news and stuff

7 Likes