The Yeti 2.0 is here

Now that people have had time to play with the new Yeti, what are your guys thoughts on it…? What do you like or dislike? incomperison to the orignal etc.?

Mine should be here today.

Mine arrived on Tuesday but I have been so busy I have yet to give it a good try out.

I use mine a bit, not a “go to” throw for me. Also a little bummed that it got released for cheaper than we paid a few months back. It’s a fun throw, doesn’t wow me though. As far as plastics I like it better than my dipper and replays for sure. It’s really forgiving because of the shape and size. Great for me for practicing whips and stuff I’m not 100% on yet.

Mine is awesome. Half a drop of lube on the bearing and its just fantastic.

To be honest feel like i was spoiled by the yeti. That yoyo is the perfection of plastics in my opinion. For me i feel like my throws dont have enough power in them as my other yo-yos do. IDk if that is because of the string or not i change strings about every week or so.

It has taken me over two weeks to finally get to playing the Yeti 2.0 and wow. I am glad I have it.

Tried a few at Nats. Has nothing on the OG in my opinion. Felt a little “meh” to me.

I want one :’(

What do you like about it :)?

for you what made it feel “meh” what is it that you wish could be improved upon?

It is slightly oversized and it feels good in my hand, It plays a bit slower so I can be more precise with my throws and I think when I get back to learning some new (to me) tricks I will get them faster and will be better able to transfer them to a faster throw.

The Yeti 2 felt heavy and cheap to me, like an inexpensive offstring yoyo attached to a string.

I suppose I’m biased though as I’ve owned 4 of the original Yeti’s and those are magical. The glass injected plastic is really something, even though it caused manufacturing difficulties.

I really like my Yeti 2.0.

For $30 it really blows the $20 YoyoFactories out of the water. Worth the extra $10 IMO. It is pretty freaking huge, though.

Would you then say that to you the yeti 2 is more of a starter yoyo as opposed to like a yoyo used more to play with your final execution in tricks?

i feel you definitely the original yetis are by on my top favorite yo-yos of all time. even next to some metals i prefer them. They create a different play style in my opinion.

Not necessarily. Each to their own, really. Just wasn’t my cup of tea.

I have one as well. I totally see what you mean about it. I like mine even though it has that cheaper feel to it. It feels cheap to me because of it’s size yet it doesn’t feel heavy at all. Mine is quite vibey for some reason. I still like it though. Those big wings make landing tricks a lot easier and for $30 bucks it’s not to bad for me. Plus if I get tired of it I have a boat load of other plastics I can throw like the Big Dipper or the skyyva.