The Weekender Yo-Yo coming tomorrow!

Hey y’all, I hope this is okay to share here. I’m launching The Weekender Yo-Yo on Kickstarter tomorrow and was hoping to have some strong support on day 1 (which typically makes or breaks a project).

If you remember a few months back, I shared a two part documentary about my trip to Eugene, OR to design a new modern responsive yo-yo with my friends at One Drop. I’m really excited for this yo-yo to finally be coming out and hope y’all are too!

16 Likes

I’m so excited for The Weekender! Looking forward to backing on Kickstarter tomorrow.

1 Like

The Weekender looks great. Definitely going to pick one up!

1 Like

Looks great! Can’t show spoilers though…

unnamed

2 Likes

how much money will it be?

2 Likes

The Weekender is live! You can check it out here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/docpop/the-weekender-yo-yo

Be sure to watch the video of Kyle Nations, it’s fantastic.

6 Likes

BACKED! Looks fun and I really enjoyed watching the videos of your trip to make it. Yoyo people are so freaking fun and cool!!!

3 Likes

Ultralight modern responsive is gonna be… interesting.

2 Likes

I pledged as well “best of both worlds”. I am excited about this. I have enjoyed the Deep State, Gamer, and fixed bearings in some others.

I just hope to see some sweet tutorials from @DocPop!

2 Likes

Thanks! What types of tutorials are you interested in? Any requests?

4 Likes

The whole dorking around video! Haha:grin:
Honestly did love the video. But the catch to ufo and some of the flip stalls etc. I do think a series of elements that can be thrown together. I know, asking too much.

3 Likes

I’m so excited for this throw!! I’m working on a gt stall repeater that I think the weekender will smooth out due to width

2 Likes

I’d be interested in some of those modern stall/starts. Flashy yet not overly technical to pull off. Fun not frustrating and pleasing for non-throwers to view. Those are hallmarks of the tricks I love most.

Excited to widen my horizons!

2 Likes

@Jhonaker that UFO combo is called Grabity, and it’s a favorite of mine. I was wondering what tutorial to do next and you’ve helped me decide. I’ll try to get it online within the next week. BTW, I’m glad you like the Dorking Around With The Weekender video, I was worried people wouldn’t dig it for some reason.

@bobafret you might like this episode of PopCast

11 Likes

Right? I’m curious to see what happens, but I think I’ll have a whole set of responsive tricks with my Weekender, and a whole other batch of tricks for my AlleyCat/Deep State. Curious to see the communities response to ultralight responsives and whether or not other companies will follow.

4 Likes

weekender-stretch-goals-colors
We reached all of the stretch goals in the first 12 hours. Wow.

So now the hunt begins for a decent place to get nickel plating.

11 Likes

I just added 3 tutorials to the campaign updates page, including Grabity. I hope you dig it.

6 Likes

Super cool Doc! Exactly what I was looking for. I am excited to get the Weekender and to start exploring a new style!

2 Likes

I enjoyed viewing your popcasts and I look forward to more and to your website.

2 Likes

Are these also going to hit your online shop? I unfortunately missed the kickstarter.

1 Like