The Ti-Vayder Experience

Good point, I’d say its a combination both of the reputation of the ti-walker and the potential price point. Those two things combined have created a fairly unique situation. Add in an opportunity for redemption and yeah it’s a unique case that I’m excited to be a part of.

5 Likes

Well said @zslane!

This whole process has been very unique in many ways, I wouldn’t use it or Heath as an argument, or positive point, of this style of design/marketing. No offense to Heath, but he wasn’t/isn’t the most respected person in the community, so him falling in line with the plan only serves to help him especially with the new guys.

8 Likes

That’s always been the plan…

Not quite – very few “old” yo-yos regularly top the “best of all time” lists in the way the Ti-Walker still does. Jordan from Smashing / OPYOYO said he wants to be buried with his. That’s nuts!

As others have pointed out, there are a lot of exceptional things about this specific situation. I doubt you could generalize much, if anything, about this project toward the greater yo-yo industry.

5 Likes

After reading all of the above posts its clear theres pros and cons for each “do” a legendary throw series and “dont” do another remake throw after this.

Clearly most of the pluses and minuses have been discussed above. In the end i think your going to sit on one side of the fence or the other on this matter. This is because although we are all watching the same game at the same stadium, however we are all sitting in different seats!!

Some on this forum have businesses they want to protect, some just want a super cheap cool looking Ti, some will want every cool old yoyo remade that they had when they were thirteen and some are just nostalgic old dreamers who have spent years looking for these holy grail throws on the internet hoping one will come up for sale and never seeing it happen and even if it did wouldn’t have a chance of affording anyways.

I dont think that everyone will ever agree if remakes are right or wrong. If there ever is another similar project after this one is completed then it will have to be done with the utmost respect to the creator, the design, the owners of the original yoyos that were created and the yoyoing community at large!

@codinghorror im with Jordan on being buried with my Vayder also!!

2 Likes

I think this project will also answer a couple of interesting questions.

In the end the reputation of one of the most sought after titanium yo-yos ever produced is being remade after 8 years with VERY minor tweaks.

• How much has yoyo design changed since then?
  • How does a premium offering from 2011 fare against the modern market of bimetals and other excellent products of modern times?

And

• Was this design worth the trouble and is it worthy of its original hype?

As previously mentioned, yes I do see what Jeff has offered me and the yoyo community as a whole as a positive and fun opportunity to rejoin the community, but I don’t see the brand VsN coming back soon if ever. I definitely jumped the gun in that regard. I’m just happy to be part of this project at this point.

7 Likes

Can someone PM me what Heath did in the past to earn such a bad rep? I keep hearing it but no one is saying what THAT was, I must have been out of the loop when it happened, better yet, state it here on the thread. It’s not fair for people to put faith in a project without knowing who or what we are dealing with.

1 Like

Without trying to sound harsh, there are so many threads on this topic that I feel a bit of research on this forum would do you a lot better than having someone/several people PM you on the matter. It’s all here on the forum.

It’s easier to gain your own perspective on the matter that way too.

11 Likes

Cool, I got the info I was looking for. Seems like you made a poor choice and made up for it the best you could.

7 Likes

Is there any update with the Vayders yet?!

Ie any dates for the website/drop date etc etc

I only ask as the more notice i get the better.

My work place is crazy busy this time of year and its nights. As i imagine the vayder drop with be 2-3am UK time. So ill need to book a shift off unless i luck out and it falls on my day off.

4 Likes

That moment when you realize you’re skipping work to buy a yoyo :joy:

15 Likes

I feel you on this and i work in the US. I have to pretend im taking a s*** to land the drops i want

9 Likes

You have your whole life to work Andy, what’s one day off to spend some of that hard earned money? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

@Jedillama Mate i work in an underground freezer where everything is timed. Even your s***ing! So no chance of getting any drops from work ever :frowning:

6 Likes

I guess I dont feel as for you as much as i orginally thought. Not to de- rail the converstion, but im curious ehat you do?

2 Likes

I have a feeling that the drop on this yoyo is going to last long enough for you to end your shift and buy one. 500 ~$200 yoyos will not sell out that quickly.

6 Likes

There will be more news in early May. Right now they are being manufactured.

13 Likes

I’m guessing May the 4th?

9 Likes

@Jedillama I work in the largest warehouse freezer in Europe. It stores all the frozen food for that super market to cover England, Scotland and Wales. It is half build into earth as it helps to keep the temperature more stable. As soon as you start your shift till the end you are logged into a blue tooth headset system. At all times you need to be telling that system exactly where you are and what your doing ie lunch break, job switch and all toilet breaks (tho not in specifics haha).

@eternalmetal this is very true(they all wont go straight away as 500 is a huge run for ti throws) however there are some of us saddos who want to number match to TI walkers and have lucky numbers that dont wanna risk missing out lol

@codinghorror cheers fella i will watch this space :wink:

@Lukoyo why may the 4th?

May the 8th would be better! as im off already as its my birthday haha

6 Likes

It’s a star wars themed yoyo, so… May the 4th be with you.

10 Likes