The Throw Hive

Introducing the Throw Hive! I’ve created a hexagon modular yoyo display case and I would like to share it with all of you! The hexagons can be arranged in any fashion and come in 7 different colors and three different depths. The different colors are made to contrast the yoyo placed in them and the different depths are to give the Hive texture. Special hexagons have through holes in them in order to attach the Hive to a wall but the entire set can simple be placed on a desk or dresser.

I will be at nationals if anyone want to check it out in person.

Here is an example of a simple Hive:

Choose any of the available colors (quotes can be given for custom color options).

Pricing (add $5 for shipping):
8 Hexagons - $40
12 Hexagons - $50
24 Hexagons - $92
48 hexagons - $168

I will need a few extra days to process the order due to print time.

Any feedback, thoughts, or ideas are welcome!

13 Likes

Looks very cool!

2 Likes

Cool! Are these 3D printed?

2 Likes

The color choices are flame and this idea is well executed and cool looking! If I had more yoyos (and space) this would be the storage option I’d consider. Great work. :blush:

How snuggly do they fit together? I would be a little worried hanging them and accidentally sliding the whole unit out opposed to just a yoyo and then having my setup fall apart.

1 Like

Yes! I designed them for 3D printing but in theory can be injection molded but I have no plans to do this yet.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate the kind remarks!

They fit together quite well. I had some prototypes that were too loose so I tightened the tolerances so now they are very snug.

1 Like