The start of my yoyo company- thoughts on my first prototype!

UPDATE: Just got the confirmation back from the machine shop (My Throw / FPM); and the prototypes are on the way. I’m excited to share with you guys :call_me_hand:t5:!

8 Likes

It does look good. In fact, it looks interesting.

As a potential customer I will throw out a few things. You need to define your first target market, and it can potentially be multiple targets. One market that I fit in is the “willing to take a chance if it looks interesting and sits in the $40 to $50 range”. High enough to expect quality, cheap enough to be willing to take a chance. Another potential market is the yoyo focus. Good learning yoyo. Easy to catch on the string. Good for grinds. Good for finger spins. Give me a reason to buy this yoyo.

4 Likes

I cant wait to try this some time

1 Like

Thank you so much for your input! I’ve definitely been tossing these thoughts around in my mind and this definitely helps moving forward.

So my target market is pretty much people like yourself, someone looking for something “interesting”. I tried to set myself apart with the design first, with the hopes of offering something novel which I think I’ve achieved. I strive to make my designs different but still fully functional for most trick types.

Then I wanted to separate myself with my branding and marketing as that’s what I specialize in and is my profession. In addition to the yoyos I’d like to add some cool merch to my shop as well, playing off of the branding some more. I want to be “premium” as a brand and product, while also keeping my market wide for people on a budget.

I haven’t 100% decided on a price for this one, but I wanted to keep it’s price between $70-$80 for this run, with the hopes of releasing a 6061 variant in the $40-$60 range in the near future if there is success with the first release. Hopefully that gives you a little insight into my roadmap and goals, cheers :call_me_hand:t5:!

4 Likes

Thank you so much! Things are going smoothly at the moment so my fingers are crossed. I came out of pocket for the prototypes and will have to again for a production run; but my hope is I can get a little help funding for a production run when I launch a Kickstarter / GoFundMe for it so friends and fam could help if they’d like. But that’s the plan at least; if I can hit my goal then I’d be honored to have you as a customer :call_me_hand:t5:!

4 Likes

I was going to point this out as well. Make that step in the catch zone just a tab more smooth of a transition and it’ll be good. Right now it looks like it could potentially be a string cutter or just wear strings down much faster.

Oh I did. I forgot to put the pics up :man_facepalming:t5:! Here was the updates I made, and how the prototypes will look…

5 Likes

UPDATE: My company Instagram is LIVE. Any follows, likes, shares, etc. is greatly appreciated :call_me_hand:t5:! I’m excited to get the prototypes back to share some dope photos with you all! Thank you all, hopefully this is a start to something special.

Edit: I didn’t even include the link lmao. Here it is.

https://www.instagram.com/bequest.official/?hl=en

Best,
Jabari

4 Likes

Congrats on starting your company. I’m fairly new to the scene, but I’ve been enjoying it so much that I hope to start a yoyo company someday too.

2 Likes

Thank you so much :pray:t5:! Yeah with enough time and effort anyone can do it tbh. As long as you have a solid and unique design, or you find a niche that really hasn’t been taken, you’ll be golden :ok_hand:t5:! And welcome to the yoyo community my friend :call_me_hand:t5:!

2 Likes