The replay pro. Why is it amazing?

The last replay I had I switched the pads to iyoyo soft pads and it was just right.

2 Likes

Yep. Again, a total novice here, but compared to other unresponsive throws I’ve tried, it seems to slip more than others with similar gaps (e.g. Wedge, 44rpm Blues, Shutter, Magic Crystal K2) even with fatter string in the RP vs the others. Not the end of the world. I actually have two Wedges and one of them plays nicer for me than the other. The pink looks great that you posted!

1 Like

The Replay Pro repays perseverance. I could not bind mine more than say, once in 10 throws and the vibe was tremendous. I’d more or less discarded it as useless.

But, sitting with my other yoyos, it began to call to me so that one day I picked it up and carried it around with me, throwing it and trying binds but without giving it any special focus or thought – just a repetitive, mechanical, abstract action that went on for several days, perhaps a week. Not thinking about it meant I didn’t get frustrated with it. Gradually I began to see improvement, slight at first, but definitely there. The binds got more frequent and tighter and the vibe reduced.

Now it’s definitely one of my favourites and a go-to for learning a new trick.

Mine has red pads and my own home-made, eight-strand, coated cotton string which is quite thin.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I tried a few of these and really love the Diffusion, Antidote and the First Base. All so much smoother than other plastics I’ve tried in the past. The Mojo from (I think) TopYo is great as well…as is the Dove. So thanks for everyone’s recommendations here.

1 Like