The People of Yoyo - new book

Hello!

I’m super excited to say my new book is now available!! I’ve been working on this book for 5 years, collecting interviews and stories from yoyoers at all levels. The goal was to answer the question we all get asked when we are yoyoing in public: “Do people still yoyo”

I’m waiting to hear back from Andre on whether he wants to stock them in the store, so stay tuned!

29 Likes

Congratulations on getting it finished and published! That’s no easy feat.

3 Likes

Thanks! Heck of a road but it turned out great!

Fun additional - I’m #1 New release in an Amazon category, lol. ANtique Toys and collectables though, so it’s not like there was a lot of competition :wink:

10 Likes

I’m excited for this. It’s on my kindle already :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You rock, thank you so much!

4 Likes

I’m probably a hundred pages in now. Thank you for putting this together. It warms my heart to hear so much yoyo and community goodness!

4 Likes

Stoked for this! Congrats dude!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I know, right? This was a very rewarding book to put together for that very reason.

4 Likes

I got my copy for my birthday, and have been really enjoying it! There are so few permanent, easily accessible sources of yoyo history and culture, it’s going to be a valued book for years to come.

6 Likes

This looks like a really cool book!

I wish it was on Audible! My only chance to “read” is driving…

2 Likes

Already finished it :slight_smile: it was really fun

2 Likes

I’m hoping my copy comes in the mail tomorrow!

1 Like

I have to say, the price is right. Put it on my Amazon Christmas Wish List. If the family does not get it for me I will buy it myself.

2 Likes

I’m just throwing this out there. I’ve been considering doing this for weeks.
This book is fantastic, but only has 3 reviews on Amazon.
Guys, if you have read this book please write a review for it. Let’s support one of us (@MrYoyoThrower) and his efforts.
There I said it. Hope you don’t mind Jeremy.

2 Likes

An audio version of all @MrYoyoThrower 's books would be great. Or maybe even a podcast with chapters as episodes. That would probably cost less.

1 Like

I left my review last night. Jeremy sent me an electronic version in April so I technically read the book I just have not recieved the physical copy yet. Reviews will help him a lot.

2 Likes

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing the photo!
If you have a story to share, I’m planning a sequel. Same layout, different yoyoers. Follow this link to submit your story if you have thoughts to share!

2 Likes

100% I would love to do an audiobook. It’s basically time or money. I damaged my voice badly last year, so doing it myself wasn’t an option. I’ve done a tonne of retraining and rehab and could probably do it now. Now the problem is time, I’ve gone back up to full time teaching, which means it’s all I can do to keep on Top of Rain City Skills.

The other option is to hire someone else to do the job, but that starts at $3000, so I need to wait until I’ve at least recouped some of the $3000 in editing and design costs for putting this one out.

4 Likes

You both rock, thank you!

1 Like