The Official - Lube and type of Silicone to use thread

I’ve been seeing a lot of the same threads here lately and I want to get it all in one thread.

SILICONE

There are a lot of types of silicone out there you can use for a response system inn your yoyo.

1. FLOWABLE SILICONE
    This is the most common and easiest to use

2. BLACK, RED, BLUE, ORANGE RTV’s
    These are some of the automotive silicones that work really good. They last longer than flowable but the response feels a bit less grippy. Hard to put in.

3. WHITE SILICONE II
    This is a home repair type silicone. It works ok but it will only last as long as flowable. Hard to put in.

4. ANY COLOR HIGH TEMP GASKET MAKER RTV.
    This is the longest lasting silicone on the current market. Colors consist of red, orange, black, copper, blue, and possibly a few other colors.

If the silicone tube says CAULK, my suggestion is to not use it. It may flake and only last a day or so and gunk up your bearing if its deshielded.

LUBE

There are too many kinds of lube that will for your bearing. This list is the most useful and common types currently used.

THICK LUBES

3-N-1 OIL
Yomega brain lube
Yoyojam Thick lube
There are others. These are the most common.

THIN LUBES

YYJ Thin Lube
Sewing Machine oil
FP-10 Gun Lube (remington gun lube)
There are some bike lubes that are very thin too. Remember that for it to be thin lube it should have just about the same consistancy as water.

Please if you have any types to add to the list, Post them.

Vaseline (aka 100% petroleum jelly) for thick lube.

I’m sorry but who really does that? Thats 1000 times thicker than ever needed for thick lube. I mean motor oil is thicker than you need for thick lube.

Sorry but that’s what was recommended for me. It might be best used for Brains, but I don’t know. It worked well for me.

Oh and nice guide. Really informative.

some use it for looping it works very well

David Ung.

I can get the same effect with brain lube. And its not near that thick. I mean 3-n-1 oil is think lube.

Bones Bearing Skate Lube as Thin Lube.

But it works, that’s what counts.

good point

does jhonsons baby oil work?

I wouldn’t use that. It will start to dry and leave a gunked up bearing.