The new plastic Gentry Stein Signature Mystery

You have a sick mind :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I wonā€™t push it 'till I confirm it can actually be taken apart, its like a prototype or something, maybe it isnā€™t meant to be opened at all.

You can open them just fine, just had to give it a good crank.

I absolutely love this throw, my wrist however does not. Anyone else having a problem with kickback with it? It usually plays really nice just every now and then I get a wrist breaker throw.

INDESTRUCT-YO!!

This thing is pretty indestructible. Iā€™ve been playing it all day today (no wrist problems, btw) and Iā€™ve slammed it into almost everything in my classroom. I hit my desk, my shelving unit, and I just power slammed it right into the tile floor (Yeah, maybe I need more practice). But, thereā€™s not a mark on 'er!!

Iā€™m serious, not a single mark, scratch or anything. I know I baby my yoyos, but this thing may not require that. Yay! Now I can throw outside without worry! ;D

Nice to know theyā€™re not using death grip spacers anymore :stuck_out_tongue:
Gonna deshield/lube pretty soon then.

My wrist loves it.

Best thing about it is the Axle. It has a separate axle. Smoooth

Separate axle?
As in the axle is not attached to the yoyo?
If thatā€™s what you are saying that is the case with just about all newer yoyos

Please define what you mean by ā€œkickbackā€.

Traditionally kickback, when applied to yoyos implies that when you attempt to throw it straight down the yoyo tends to swing back a bit beyond the vertical. Particularly noticeable in a front throw sleeper. A large gap yoyo will exhibit this behavior. Iā€™ve never found that to be an issue that stresses any part of the body.

well all the COOL plastics have fixed axles.

i have a feeling he means the return top is returning to his hand before he wants the return top to return.

1 Like

i have a feeling he means the return top is returning to his hand before he wants the return top to return.
[/quote]
If he was playing with a responsive yoyo this could be the case, but considering its un-responsive i would have to assume it is not.
i took it as his binds are real tight and comming back hard to his hand. which could be on the account of fresh response pads?

Itā€™s not a returning issue, I normally play unresponsive. What I mean by kickback is instead of the string kind of gripping the pads all the way down on the throw it kind ofā€¦ for a lack of a better word ā€œslipsā€ about 1/2 - 2/3 the way down causing it to jerk to the end of the string rather than smoothly rolling down, which causes a good amount of stress on my throw arm wrist. It very well could be that Iā€™m binding it a little too loosely, but I donā€™t have this problem with my other throws.

The Regen has a fairly wide gap, which could be larger than your other throws that youā€™re used to, and could be the cause of your lose binds. Try being extra deliberate in feeding the string in properly. Iā€™ve noticed that my binds can be loose with it if itā€™s not spinning hard still, so I just make sure that Iā€™m deliberate about the bind.

Iā€™ve experienced this myself on my wider-gapped throws, especially when the response has worn a bit. Itā€™s obviously especially noticable because of the heavier weight of the Regen as well which takes itā€™s toll on the joints a bit more.

After reading your post I went and threw a bunch of my throws and found that the worst culprit I had was my 7075 Supernova, which also happens to be the one that is the slippiest on binds (Iā€™ve been meaning to get round to changing the pads).

I would watch your binds to try and get them tighter, but it may not help. I spent a fair bit of time with my Supernova last night experimenting with binds to see if I could remedy the situation, but in the end nothing solved the problem completely. :-\

If it continues to be an issue it may be worth replacing your response pads with something a bit grippier such as Onedropā€™s Flow Groove 19mm or YYFā€™s Natural pads.

Most YYFs have a substantially wider gap (fractions of a millimeter make a big difference) than some other companies like CLYW and OD, thicker string or new/different response might help.

1 Like

Correct, thicker strings helps %100, when my responce pads are wore out I always break out the type 12s ā€œfattiesā€