The new plastic Gentry Stein Signature Mystery

Anyone elses have alot of vibe? I only threw mine 5-6 times and put it down it was so bad, and I usually like a tad bit of vibe.

Not bad, mine was dead smooth,played great. I would have preferred to see YYFā€™s efforts go to making a plastic genesisā€¦But thatā€™s just me. The subtle lettering on this pre-pro adds a touch of class.

Good job yyf.

Ive seen pictures of this yoyo and it looks really classy in my opinion :slight_smile:
shame that elsewhere people seem to be upset about it :frowning:

I am one of those people that are a bit upset.
And I know itā€™s a mystery box and your making a gamble, but I made that gamble because the mods YYE Garrett was on the fourms claiming this is the best box yet, they even proclaimed this on the sells page. And quite frankly I feel lied to. I would have much rather spent my $50 on the Cyber Monday deals they have up right now.

I feel this, I was expecting a $50 metal throw like the shutter or horizon LOL
along with the Regen and not a kendama
I canā€™t complain though the Protostar and Regen are both great throws, I have trouble controlling the spin time on it and thats my only problem. Iā€™m sure itā€™s just my inexperience but itā€™s really great

What do you mean by ā€œcontrolling the spin timeā€?
And I was actually really hoping for a horizon myself lol

Uh not making the string grind on the yoyo while doing tricks I guess?

I got mine today. I have to say Iā€™m blown away by this plastic yo-yo. I suppose it was so unassuming that I had no expectations from it. But Iā€™m not one to just let a perfectly good yo-yo go unthrown. So I slipped it on my finger and gave it a toss.

Wow. I just love it. It has a bit of vibe to it, but it was just fun to play with. Right off the bat it had a nice long spin. It felt weighty on the string with out being clunky. Iā€™m not a fast player, so I canā€™t really comment on itā€™s speed. Overall I say double thumbs up.

As a comparison to other plastics Iā€™d say that it easily rates up there with my One Drop Rally (the rally beats it but not by much).

I love it! It grinds way better than any delrin Iā€™ve used, but that is a limited number. Itā€™s an outstanding player that Iā€™ll be using a bunch this week, I suspect. And you can decorate the caps! I see batman logos.

I believe this is a false statement. Maybe YoYoExpert Garrett said it, but he is officially a YYE employee, not a moderator. None of the moderators are YYE employees or connected with the store.

1 Like

I was in the assumption that YYE Garretts acted as somewhat of a moderator in the fourms. But if that is not the case then your are right. Totally false and I withdrawl those 3 letters from my previous statement.

He does, but his primary function is as an employee of YYE. As such he is still entitled to express his opinion.

Mine actually throws dead smooth and it actually came scratched up a bit on the sides but Iā€™m guessing itā€™s a prototype sort of deal and theyā€™ll hopefully do colors and what not later.

The more I play it, the more I enjoy it really. It feels light when I throw it but isnā€™t really all that bouncy if that makes any sense. Curious how it will be released when it is.

I feel like if they would have released it on its own it would have got a lot of hype and done good. But releasing it in the mystery box ā€œwhen most of us expected moreā€ has given it a lot of mixed reviews, leaning more to the negative side. Btw YYF said they arnt sure they are going to do an official release yet. I almost hope they donā€™t for my own personal reasons ā€œthat would make it a collectors peice and maybe actually worth something one dayā€

A first impressions style view of the Regen:

www.yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,80156.0.html

Sorry you feel lied to. I expressed my opinion which I stand by, I do think this mystery box is the best yet, but again thatā€™s just my opinion.

A brand new, unreleased, unannounced, World Champion Signature yo-yo given out in the Mystery Box is exciting to me. Throw in a brand new Kendama and a classic Protostar or Shaqlerstar with some extra goodies and I call that a good Mystery Box! Again, just my opinion.

On topic: I always love the feel of machined plastic throws and in my opinion the new YYF Plastic is a great yo-yo, snagged AndrĆ©s off his desk and letā€™s just say he might not be getting it back! :wink:

I think you are right. I personally am very happy with my box. I think one reason people arenā€™t happy is that there isnā€™t a metal. I donā€™t need another metal. I already have enough for supper.

Has someone taken apart the Regen to see if the CT is 8 ball or 10 ball ?

I feel like my Regen is like stuck but donā€™t want to force it.

What do you mean stuck? Like it wonā€™t turn open ?
If so Iā€™ve had this problem with plastic throws before. You should be fine to give it a good push, but if it still does not budge play with it for a few days then try to open it. Playing with it will loosen it up.

Btw, are ā€œthatā€™s what she saidā€ jokes inappropriate for the fourms? Lolol ^ ^