The 'My first throw' thread

Wow sems like you went on ya yoyo buying spree

I’m just wondering at what point that ‘spree’ is going to end. The collection just keeps growing, no matter how much I try and convince myself I’ve got enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

With Onedrop releasing the Brownbeat, Titanium and 2 bimetals… I can see it continuing just a little bit longer… :wink:

Yea the brown beats a really good throw I got to try an orange brownbeat at a meat up it was awesome

And those new Ti’s and Bimettles are amazing

this made me laugh so hard for some reason. “brown beats” at a “meat up”

Thats racist!

Your saying a brown person beat me up at a meat up? How do you know it wasnt a green person or a yellow lego person?

Sonic Spin < Hyperwarp Wing < Dark Magic < Wide Sport

My turn to feel old

uhhhh…

Wheres the brown person?

Duncan Pro Yo, the plastic one with the wooden axle. It came with a copy of that old “Duncan Yo-Yo & Spin Top Trick Book”, in which the hardest tricks are things like Split The Atom and two handed looping. I had no internet access at the time, so I learned to Yo-Yo from that book, completely oblivious to modern Yo-Yoing. The most I’d ever seen was my Dad throwing a quick sleeper and doing “Around The World”.

After months and months of practice I thought I was a boss getting my Yo-Yo to spin for six seconds. I then found a Duncan Mosquito at Walmart and purchased it, having no idea what a ball bearing Yo-Yo was. I’m pretty sure my brain exploded that day when I threw a sleeper and it lasted more than half a minute. It was also around that time that I gained access to YouTube, and I stumbled across videos of Hiroyuki Suzuki and Grant Johnson. I discovered “Split The Atom” was not the hardest string trick.

To this day, when I see someone learn to Yo-Yo for the first time on something with a ball bearing axle, and they can throw a decent sleeper within a day, it always feels like they’re getting to start a video game on Level 2. They will never know the pain of Level 1… that blasted wooden axle.

Fast 201.

ProYo Bumblebee GT. I still remember my parents agreeing to buy it for me and then arguing with each other afterward about “How a yoyo can even be worth $20!??!?!?!”

Yup, great beginner throw

Duncan Glow Imperial.

Yea Steve Rockin’ it hardcore

Duncan Butterfly.

First metal throw was a Yomega Maverick.

I forgot to mention, before I got my first metal yoyo, Ed would always let me use his El Ranchero