The metal of choice

So I’m finally to that point where I want to save up and get myself a main throw.

Now that I’ve played with a ton of different shapes with different response types and completely different setups I’ve narrowed it down to these 6 throws.

YYF Speed Dial
YYF Hectic (small bearing)
YYF Protege
RecRev “i”
RecRev Electric Daisy
HSpin Gorylla

If you want to recommend something else, here are my preferences:
Specs: I like the popular 66G weight, Width around 45mm and Diameter around 55mm (not to picky about that) and a gap width above 4mm is definitely preferred.

Setup: I hate spacers or really anything that adds to the basic axle, bearing, and two halves setup (the fewer pieces the better).

Response: I silicone all my throws so it has to have a recess.

Shape: I don’t like the V shape that yoyo’s like the Frantic have, other than that, shape isn’t a huge deal.

Bearing: I like C size bearings like the vast majority of people but that’s only because I usually end up replacing the stock one with an AIRG or a 10 Ball, A size is fine too.

Play: I like it to be able to play fast when I want it to, and vibe isn’t a huge deal for me, I don’t need it to be butter smooth since I kinda like a tiny bit of vibe anyways (I like to feel the yoyo spinning down there). Of course It’s got to be balanced, also grinding isn’t a deal breaker for me, I don’t grind all that much anyways.

Price: I really just can not justify spending more than 50$ on a yoyo, no matter how good it is, so 65$ is really stretching my budget and mental stability (lol mental stability). Please refrain from recommending anything over that price range, I won’t even consider it.

So there you go, if I left anything out just tell me I really want this to be the yoyo that I turn to every time I want to do a new combo or just show off to my friends (or take to a competition if that ever happens). So thanks in advance for any help and happy throwing! – Hadoe

P.S. Please don’t PM me with offers, I only have 20$ right now so I’m still saving.[tr][td]

Well, the specs may be a little off, but I could suggest this when it drops (around $40 I think)

Duncan Raptor
http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php?topic=84488.0

Don’t hate it for the duncan name, it’s a very surprising yoyo, large bearing © and sili

I really like my RecRev “i”. It looks like it meets all of your criteria. I picked up both of mine from BSTs and I tend to grab that one more than any of my other throws.

PS: I have a LB Hectic that I grab first for some string tricks depending on what the trick is mainly because it’s one of the largest gapped throws I have.

Wow, that one will definitely be worth playing with, I hope it comes out soon (like around christmas). I like that Duncan seems to be joining the rest of the world by offering low costs metals that don’t suck. I’m pretty exited for this one now!

Ha funny thing is, those were the two I was really leaning towards. The “i” being my current number one choice and the Hectic being number two. I just wanted opinions from more people since I really haven’t got to play with any of the throws I listed.

YoYoJam Dark Magic II or YoYoJam New Breed

any recrev will be great. the thing is that it is hard to get ahold of an i. the electric daisy is very similar with a wider gap. the no. 9 is very uniquely shaped, yet is a very solid throw. try finding some reviews if you have not had a chance to play them.

i have only tried the hectic small bearing once, and it seemed like the gap was really not big enough. the large bearing is a lot better.

also, i would recomend that you find a clyw yoyo in the bst. they will go for about the price you mentioned, ($65 in good condition) and fit your preferences

Those aren’t fully metal. He means like all metal yoyos.

Speed Dial- I wouldnt vote for it, due to the somewhat sketchy response and plastic rims.
Hectic- Might play a little small for you, it is also very thin compared to your specs.
Protege- Nice and angular, wide shape. You would like it.
Recrev i- Again, nice shape, right up your alley. Very smooth as well.
Electric Daisy- my vote. Bold, wide shape, soloid player, speedy on the string. (Think protostar)
Hspin Gor- unless you maneged to find one in stock for 40, out of price range, nice player though.

I vote for the Daisy personally from your pics, but my suggestion is a Thunder Wasp. It hasnt been released yet, but it will be in the near future. PM Zach Smith for more details. $50-60 I would estimate From FP’s website, not YYN

foxlandprecision.com

hope I helped
titanium221

I would go out and get a protege it’s a beast

Of your choices I have these:
YYF Speed Dial
YYF Hectic (small bearing)
HSpin Gorylla

I’d skip the speed dial. I like the other two equally well. The choice of the day depends on the phase of the moon. Seriously they are both great players. They are similar in size and weight. Oddly enough the Hectic (65 gm) somehow feels heavier to me, than the Gorylla at 66 gm. The Gorylla is a bit wider. The edges on the Gorylla bother some people, but I don’t think it’s an issue.

When I first saw the Hectic I didn’t care much for the shape at first. A friend gave me one and I immediately fell in like with it.

I’ve actually getting a New Breed for Christmas, can’t wait to try it, but I really just want a main metal right now.

Hmm It seems like the Daisy would be a good alternative if I can’t find the “i”. I’ve heard a lot of people say the large bearing version of the Hectic is a bit better, but I thought the small bearing might be interesting, the two RecRevs are still my first choices though so, yeah. I’ll look at the CLYW’s I had kind of just discluded them all together because of the prices. Thanks for the help.

Alright, well it seems like everyone is saying one of the RecRevs would be the best choice. I’m going to put up a thread on the b/s/t threads soon to see if I can get an “i”, if I can’t find one then I’ll probably get the Daisy or Protege, or a CLYW if I can find one I like for the right price. Once again, thanks for the help!