The Luftverk 000 is back with a new bi-metal version!

The 000 (Triple Zero) is the newest ultra-minimalist design from Luftverk that focuses on simplicity. The organic profile is uninterrupted by any steps or lines with only a simple engraving on the edge.

On the string it creates an unmistakably titanium hum with whips and lacerations that ring loudly. The super thin wall thickness makes it essentially two bells with a bearing in between. The low total weight with the larger diameter creates an incredibly floaty “full” feeling. The flat hub design means much of the weight is concentrated on the rim, so even with the low total weight it is surprisingly stable.

With the BTM version Jeff decided to make the ring from brass. Brass offers more contrast in the aesthetic and is a plus since it is much denser than steel, which helps in this case because the ring is so small. It concentrates so much mass on the edge but due to the overall low weight it still feels extremely light and floaty. It plays very similar to the standard Triple Zero, the float and the noises it makes are still very similar but with a slightly more stable feel.

Releasing Wednesday 3/3 @ 8PM EST.

11 Likes

How many of each are yall getting?

2 Likes

I’m guessing about 5 to 10 minutes worth. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Think my wife would confuse the expense for a car payment if she just glanced at our bank statement?

16 Likes

That must be frightening to produce a yoyo like that. What if even a few are B-grades? Seems extra risky with that construction.

It’s a beautiful work of art, though! :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

It’s cool that it still “sings” with the brass.

I’m happy with my hard coated 000.

Edit: all gone!

4 Likes