The Legend of Anti-Yo and The Kuntosh

Your Kuntosh page – and by the way thank you for having a detailed page on each model you’ve ever released, I wish every yo-yo company would do this – says the following

You may have heard whispers coming from the far corners of the internet or backrooms of your yo-yo club about the last(and unreleased) yo-yo from Anti-Yo. Legend has it that Sonny Patrick designed it and One Drop Yo-Yos built it. For years, only 10 of them have been in existence and are highly coveted by their lucky owners. It is rumored to grant it’s owner special powers and good luck.

Now, years later, with a push from a powerful underground movement of hardcore yo-yo players, Sonny and One Drop have finally come together to bring you the Küntosh!

Sonny took inspiration from the poster of the Italian sports car he had hanging in his room growing up. The Countach was not comprised of the strictly purposeful lines of a vintage Porsche 911, nor the long sensual arcs of Ferraris of the day. Rather, it had abrupt surfaces and sharp angles that emphasize what we’ll have to invent a new term for: 'Squariness". Yet somehow, the end result comes together in a way that you wouldn’t expect and it takes your breath away. It just screams performance and of course it lives up to the look. Sonny was bold enough to think he could pull of a similar thing in yo-yo design. Anyone who has been lucky enough to try the Küntosh would tell you that he pulled it off… in a big way. In both aesthetics and performance.

The Kuntosh is widely loved (and definitely loved by me), and I find this history fascinating. So is it fair to call the Kuntosh the last Anti-Yo model ever released?

Any other mythical future Anti-Yo collaborations with Sonny in the works? :wink:

6 Likes

I guess you could call it the last Anti-Yo since it was designed by Sonny when they were still a company.

It’s very possible we’ll do more with Sonny in the future - he’s an amazing guy.

Thanks for noticing the yoyo models page on our website. It’s even nice for us to have! I reference it quite often myself :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Same. I personally like to know the story behind yoyos along with specs.

6 Likes

The are in chronological order as well.

6 Likes

I wish more companies had the details of all there throws…it is great for detail geeks who keep a spreadsheet of all their throws…although, I may be the only one that geeky

1 Like

I like your style.

1 Like

I love the “Archive” page on the One Drop site, sometimes I’ll just look at the pictures and read the descriptions for ages (and dream about owning all of them)

2 Likes

Man, I really dig the complicated engravings we did on these. I’m going to have to track down a complete set in black at some point…

2 Likes