Kuntosh: onedrop, anti-yo, or somewhere inbetween?

I’ve been pondering this for awhile, so I wanted to ask the question to the rest of the community!
Do you think the kuntosh and kuntosh QV are anti-yo machined by onedrop, anti-yo and onedrop collabs, or onedrop yoyos? Maybe gimme a percent that you think represents how much each company had their hand in the design, and state your reasons as to why you think what you think! Thanks, and happy posting!

1 Like

I’d say OG Kuntosh more anti yo. QV more One Drop. BUT without the OG there wouldn’t be a QV.

3 Likes

Here is my best representation of it using current events.

Heath = Antiyo
codinghorror = Onedrop

Seeing how I love all 4 for their value to the community, this is to be taken as nothing but a compliment to the highest extent.

3 Likes

that would make a lot of sense, actually! the folks at onedrop wanted to get the yoyo into the hands of the public, so they asked the dude at antiyo (forget his name) if they can do the run of his yoyo, maybe with a few small tweaks to bring it up to date! don’t know if it’s actually true or not, but that would fit perfectly into the gap in information that i have.

1 Like

Sonny, I believe.

2 Likes

that’s the one. sonny patrick.

3 Likes

I keep waiting for someone to post a review comparison between the Kuntosh and the QV…

cough @smileypants707

4 Likes

@yomartyo already did one on “Let’s talk yoyo”!

7 Likes

@codinghorror this :point_up: review is pretty much as good as it can get. I’m really awkward on film…

But it’s coming, I promise. I have literally filmed this review 6 times, and I have not been pleased with any of them. I’ll shoot a winner eventually

2 Likes

A written review would also work, wouldn’t it? Doesn’t have to be video?

4 Likes

Challenge accepted. :muscle:t2:

3 Likes

I wrote up my comparison thoughts here somewhere too, FWIW…

Where? Can you find it? Search your posts and see.

They are “Designed by Sonny Patrick” machined by One Drop. So more of a collab between Sonny and OneDrop. Anti-Yo was Kiya Babzani and Sonny Patrick. So since Kiya and Sonny together were not involved with the Kuntosh, only Sonny I don’t feel it could be called a AntiYo, or AntiYo x One Drop, hence why the box says “Designed by Sonny Patrick”.

I hope we see more “Designed by Sonny Patrick” from One Drop, Sonny is such a great yoyo designer.

4 Likes

For those interested, here are the original AntiYo Kuntosh. From what I’ve seen there are 2 of the red/gold, and two of the blue/gold, making up the 10 that are out there.

10 Likes

Here it is!

3 Likes

ermahgerrrrrd those are the originals! Awesome!

1 Like

This is the correct answer. Kuntosh has its roots in Anti-Yo, but it isn’t an Anti-Yo release. It’s a Sonny/OneDrop colab like AaronW says.

6 Likes

is it just me or does the original look exactly like the regular OD kuntosh?

They are identical

1 Like