The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

Nice! That whip at the end took me a long time to grasp. Still can’t land it consistently…

3 Likes

I’m slowly getting better at it. Sometimes i land three in a row, then miss 20 times in a row. But I’m getting there. I’ll be practising this one for the next weeks a lot I think.

4 Likes

TIL throwing bro flips with my dominant hand is actually way easier than kickflips with my non-dominant hand. Who knew?

Also I landed the first one I attempted!

2 Likes

I thought that was funny when I noticed the same early on. After I got better st kickflips my broflips suffered lol

1 Like

Is that just from practicing it less?

2 Likes

I struggle so much with bro flips

1 Like

I have a feeling thats part of it, also I think part is “unlearning” whatever I was doing before I got proficient at proper kickflip technique lol

1 Like

Feels so good when you finally land that new trick!

1 Like

Yeah it does!

2 Likes

keep up the great work. Love seeing your progress

2 Likes

I learned Ahmad Kharisma’s Mola yoyo trick + a new bind!

4 Likes

I FINALLY landed soft beestings! It’s been more than a year since i tried learning it and today it just made click when I tried it!
This trick is a milestone for me, the beesting is such a fundamental trick, I’m super happy I now can land hard and soft beestings.
this is a soft beesting btw if you’re curious

Maybe one day I’ll get the double beesting down or even the beesting repeater.

4 Likes

Took me 4 months and learning Supercharger before I could do this one…but I finally landed “Monochrome”

15 Likes

Beefhook.

Scariest word in yoyo

3 Likes

No big deal. I have almost landed it about 1,000 times. I have to be getting close now. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Life right now

5 Likes

Frickin’ Spirit Bomb! I first started learning this trick somtime in the '00s from these diagrams on Sector Y and gave up, and tried and gave-up again several times since (and also stopped yoyoing for over a decade in the middle of that time, like a lot of people picked it up again when I was locked in during the pandemic). I know it’s not even considered that hard a trick these days (it was considered “expert level” when I started) and I can probably do a bunch of harder tricks, but for some reason Spirit Bomb one just never ever worked for me. I never once landed the final hop, and just couldn’t figure out why the triangle seemed barely big enough to get the yoyo through. I asked for help a few times, and the advice I got was to spread my throw hand wider on the catch, which I felt like I was already doing to the max - the problem was with the opposite point of the triangle.

Last week I stumbled across this old and not very watched video on YouTube which immediately diagnosed my problem - I was holding my throw-hand too low before the hop, and that results in the opposite point of the triangle being way too close to your hand on the catch. Such a simple tip. If it’s in other videos, somehow I’ve never seen it before. As soon as I tweaked that hand position, the triangle opened up and pretty much straight away I started landing this trick.

I still don’t have it consistent, but it sure feels good to know I can do this trick after all this time. Follow your dreams people, sometimes they take a long time to come true. :rofl:

10 Likes

This trick took me 3 weeks to land consistently. I’ve never had to grind so hard on a trick. It’s so satisfying once you finally get it though. It made me question this hobby during the grind though :joy:.

2 Likes

Dude spirit bomb took me a month or so, good ■■■■!

1 Like

I love throwing it is so awesome it has it ups and downs.
My trick element progression has a very regular pattern when learning a trick. These are some of the things I do and some snags that are common to my trick progression.

1. Research looking at many videos

2. Holding the throw in the beginning mount watching video, getting ready to make 1st move

3. Rushing the trick element, going way to fast

4. Not paying attention to the throws pattern of movement from left to right and up and down

5. Missing slight movements if fingers or the hand that are very essential to a trick

6. Going to slow

7. Realizing and having this inner dialog… in my head, this trick is a flashy camera trick, a scam to get me to buy the throw that was being used in the tutorial video or the trick has to be done with some special voodoo that the yo-yo community will not share with me yet, damn yo-yo Illuminati, No, no it is a camera trick that is it. I am selling all of my yo-yo excrement, I am done. Walk away from throws.

8. 30min later back in the throw room apologizing in my head, to the throws for disrespecting them. Pep talk to self

9. Calm down, new string on an old dependable throw one that does not disappoint like an M1.
    Breath make a mental check list of the progression of the trick motions perform the trick elements trying to see each step. Practice

10. When I start to see the slack or the throw in mid air before landing the element, eyes being focused on the next move and being able to see it, weather or not I hit the trick at that time, when I can see the next move, I know I am getting closer and will be hitting the trick more consistently soon.

11. Laugh at self and enjoy hitting the trick more constantly, until the next difficult trick

I have just started to be able to hit reverse green triangle, slack rejection to green triangle, with a variety of my throws cleanly. I started to see the slack coming around the main string on the 2nd revolution last week now I have been able to see the slack clearly every time I throw the trick and hitting the trick with more frequency. I thought beef hook was a rush this is as good… no it is better.

6 Likes