The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

Any chance we can see it?

Beef Hook should be considered 2x 4 letter words!

3 Likes

Could i get a video of that, it seems up my alley of tricks to learn

If the can we see it was question directed at me. Better made videos of any tricks I perform are out there, I am not a good videographer, a video I made would make many eyes hurt, I am sure.
I learned the trick from watching Diego B he is a much more skilled player than I.
I do believe watching me struggle to land any yo-yo trick under the pressure of trying to make a clean looking video, would be hilarious for everyone. I may try to make a video once I have it more consistent.

BTW Spirt Bomb is awesome and the other wrist mount tricks are some of my favorites, Mario & Luigi, Boo’s Castle, and Save The Princess are a great set of long tricks.

5 Likes
6 Likes

working through this old jensen hoppy combo. still need to smooth out the hops but slowly getting there

5 Likes

Rejection to Ninja Vanish Yoyo Trick - YouTube finally landed this takeshi inspired trick

5 Likes

Couple of months ago I learned Brent Stole, then a whole bunch of people were like “do reverse Brent next, it’ll be easy”. But i just couldn’t wrap my head around it.

Watched a different tutorial this morning and started landing it right away.

Pretty happy with this one.

11 Likes

Great job man !!! I remember when I first tried to learn reverse Brent stole, at first it was a bit confusing to understand where the yo-yo lands. but after a while I started to land it more and more consistently and I use it very frequently when I throw. But not bad at all considering you just learned the trick, keep at it :wink:

3 Likes

I landed a bunch of Brent Stole this weekend. Super fun trick.

3 Likes

Someone one-upped me with a Mightly flea on facebook…

so I had to one-up myself at the office today.

7 Likes

just did ninja vanish straight into brent stole from the first GT. that was a super fun whip, hop, whip

3 Likes

just hit Beef Hook for real two times in a row!

i say “for real” cuz i had done fake beef hooks before figuring out how to get the loop around my index finger lol

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying McBride Rollercoaster, Bhudda’s Revenge and Eli Hops for many weeks now and dragged me feet on the next rung, Kwijibo, for almost as long. But tonight I landed it twice, so I’ll re-watch tut tomorrow and make sure I’ve got it right before checking it off the list and moving on to the intimidating sounding Leg Wrap Trap.

4 Likes

Nice man! Congrats on landing Kwijibo. That one gave me a tough time when I was learning it.

I need to give Leg Wrap Trap a try as well.

2 Likes

Im super scared of doing leg wrap trap :grimacing:
Since I use long string I don’t want to risk dinging my yo-yo in public while performing the trick :laughing:

1 Like

Getting some good use out of my Almighty!

10 Likes

Nice! Well done!

3 Likes

Sunstroke and tree sap
Today I went hiking in the sun. It was very hot and when I got home I felt very tired, dizzy and a bit strange.
I obviously had sunstroke. Nevertheless, I decided to go to the park to throw a little. I wanted to film a new repeater I’m working on.
When I got to the park, I felt even stranger. Nothing worked, I couldn’t even land a trapeze and hit myself several times. I had put my yo-yos under a tree and tree sap had dripped on them. Everything was sticky. Only my beater, an old T5 that I always have in my backpack, was still clean.
It wobbles and does not spin for very long, but I tried it…and
“I Finally Landed It!”

6 Likes

Love it! I like your outakes as well as I feel fails are important for throwers to see because the fails in my opinion encourage me. It just reminds me that just because someone posts a video with perfect execution, it was most likely after several takes and it makes me feel not quite so bad when my first attempt at a combo or trick in the morning ends up pretty horribly. Great video!

2 Likes

Kwijibo, my reason for this is I have been working my way through the trick list YYE sent me with my last purchase from them. Kwijibo is the last trick in the expert section giving me the impression it would be hardest to learn. For some reason I found it easy despite having struggled with a few of the intermediate tricks and most of the expert tricks leading up to Kwijibo.

3 Likes