The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

Landed 3.5 hook yesterday :slight_smile:
Actually it felt kind of random hitting that due to the fact that it took much time learning 2.5 hook 3 months ago and I was just messing around with new concepts but whatever :wink:

5 Likes

I’ll try

1 Like

Today I finally stuck a lunar landing. It was awesome! By extension, I’ve also been getting better at shoot the moon. SO to @Glenacius_K for making amazing fixed axle yoyos!

6 Likes

So I’ve started to finally hit some whips into kamikaze mount… namely whipping into the mount from a pinwheel motion.

Sadly can only hit it once every 10 attempts…

EDIT - I can now hit it about once every three attempts now… slowly finding the sweet spot. Next stop, getting it from a basic throw!

6 Likes

Just learned some ghost binds. Super cool!

1 Like

yeah, I love those.

1 Like

It’s hard not too

2 Likes

Nice, I love this mount. I actually like catching it from a breakaway best, and it is part of a recent combo that ive just started nailing consistently. Im thinking about posting a video of it, but I dont have a tripod/good place to film just yet. Definitely filming this on my Butterfly though, haha

And it will be only a matter of time before I try one of those Spinworthys :smiley:

2 Likes

I landed my first finger spin today. That felt good.

6 Likes

I landed a Lunar Landing on an unresponsive from a sky bind.

5 Likes

Finally landed a grubby looking yuuki slack… getting a lot of tilt after each repeat, as well as slack not opening up wide enough! Gonna keep working on it though!!

1 Like

I finally land this…

I started working on it about 3 weeks ago. Had to do it piece by piece. It is still sloppy, the last part landing into the triangle was really kicking my butt.
6 Likes

Sky bind. It’s not that I finally landed it but it’s fun and I’m getting pretty good at it.

If this doesn’t get me in the top 50 under 50 nothing will.

2 Likes

just landed plastic whip into gyro flop a few times in a row >:)

4 Likes

Managed my first thumb grinds earlier whereby I didn’t mount it from a finger grind first, pretty pleased!

2 Likes

Successful week… after 6 months of trying I can finally land a Hidemasa Hook relatively consistently… I also managed to get a bind from a finger spin (though I haven’t been able to do it since)!

3 Likes

Sea Sick

Something about Tommy Gun’s tut, made it finally click for me:

6 Likes

just nailed a sleeper

9 Likes

So I think I just managed to land my first Brent Stole… it wasn’t pretty, and I’m not 100% sure its looping the correct side of the yoyo… but damn, I’m happy!!

7 Likes

Brent Stole is a landmark trick to land! congrats!

If you landed it correctly the yoyo should dismount out the back of the triangle, away from you. Not really sure if it’s possible/easy to land it in the other side of the triangle.

3 Likes