The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

I am currently trying to hit the plastic whip!! That is awesome you hit that sideways!! I love to throw sideways

2 Likes

Starting learning hidemasa hook last week. Nailed it four times in a row this morning. Pretty stoked, Now I’m going to start trying for doubles.

4 Likes

Finally landed some tension hooks (the double or nothing -> ripcord type) and found I can transition from the resulting reverse hook mount into beefhook gunshot pretty easily. Really nifty to chain them together!

4 Likes

I can only imagine how cool that feels

3 Likes

Watched Andres video on here about the matrix last night and I got it shortly after. It’s sloppy as all get out, but I can do it. Hit a few pretty cleanly this morning.

Yoyo-ing is fun

5 Likes

One trick I’ve never been too fussed about is the finger spin, it is something I have attempted every now and then but somewhat half-arsed. Earlier this evening however I managed to land a few and had them spinning on my finger tip and this was on my Shutter.

Still not overly fussed about the trick but nice to know it is something new I am getting the hang of.

Edit: I’m not yet able to get it back with a bind however

2 Likes

I’ve been hitting these tiny Hidemasa hooks pretty consistently lately. Just like a regular Hidemasa hook, but the yo-yo ends up anywhere from a half inch to an inch below my non throw hand index. Risky and satisfying

6 Likes

I’ve managed to do a basic Suicide a few times which I find quite exciting. By basic Suicide I mean this one: https://yoyoexpert.com/learn/062-expert-suicide.php

3 Likes

So I tried learning how to complete a whip from a trapeze into a kamikaze mount… after 20 or so mins I managed to get it down relatively consistently.

However, I’m now trying to do the whip as the yoyo lands into the trapeze mount… this seems impossible… any tips??

2 Likes

One trick I never bothered learning until recently was The Matrix, I have pretty much nailed it and am now working on just getting it smoother and smoother. It is incredibly satifying to perform too!

1 Like

And now Skin The Gerbill :slight_smile:

slingshot GT
and I think I successfully did cold fusion

I’m getting the hang of White Buddha.

1 Like

Just landed my first 10 Eli Hops…feels good man…such a simple trick yet it demands slick hand movement, very excited to master it >:)

2 Likes

Im starting to get consistent with man and his brother stalls on fixed axle. Seems like basic stuff, but it took me about a week to get the ‘brother’ stall more consistent than 1 time out of 10.

2 Likes

This and “Roller Coaster to String” on a spin top have been two tricks that have just frustrated me for years! I’m starting to be able to land them!

1 Like

The hand motion felt very counterintuitive at first.

Still feels that way a little bit, I’m throwing an OD Parlay so the high walls don’t make it any easier to catch (though i believe this will help me master it quicker in the long run) - my success rate is currently 4/10 tries

2 Likes

This suicide thing that goes into a double slack that I’m making

Will you post the finished version anywhere?