The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

You might have to call Guinness World Records. That could be the most Magic Drops by a yoyoer only 3 years in.

I did it! I FINALLY pulled the second hop of kwyjibo. a few hours of practice and i finally nailed it. I’m still having a real hard time with tricks that require hops though. I still can’t do pop n fresh properly.

Nice! This is next on my list… I’ve got Pop N Fresh down, so hopefully this will help with figuring it out

? Magic drop wasnt that hard was it?

I NEVER thought of trying that.
Looks like I have something to work on today!

Pop’n’Fresh was harder than Kwyjibo for me. I don’t know why!

probably cause they’re aren’t many good tutorials for popn fresh.

3 months in.

And I can’t hit it reliably, but it’s getting better. It helps that there are several really good tutorials from people that have suffered already.

behind the back horizontal combo YESSSSSSSSSS

Nice!

Managed to land the Matrix 3 times over lunch. I was already able to do it without the somersault, but worked that in today.

Awesome! Even when you become a yoyo genius, you will still enjoy doing this trick from time to time. Once you’ve committed it to memory and also muscle memory, it’s one of those tricks you can completely rely on to impress people who have never seen modern yoyo. :slight_smile:

Woot candy rain! Stuck it last night. Time to get it smooth.

Also, after practicing just the beginning of candy rain for hours, I can now do magic drop with ease. I think of it less like “rejecting” and more like bouncing off trapeze after passing under throw hand index.

Getting better at binding from BTB Horizontal

Video evidence.

Any specific pointers (aside from “keep practicing” of course) would be great.

The one pointer that comes to mind for me is to get right to the somersault as soon as you unwind from the wrap on your left finger… it should flow right from the unwind, into the somersault without the yoyo losing momentum. In order to do this, you have to commit to it earlier than you’d initially think

Thanks, I’ll work on that. The somersault is definitely the part I’m least comfortable with.

Doing the trick in “parts” is a good step. You’ve done all the parts. I know this isn’t what you were looking for but now it’s time to keep doing those parts until they flow smoothly.

Landed a repeater I learned several months ago from Benji Sharib. I don’t know why, but I found it trickier than it looks and sort of gave up on it. But I’ve been working on it bit by bit for the past several weeks and finally threw it all together tonight.