The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

I’ve only landed a Lunar on my Sumo (which I don’t have anymore) and I’ve never gotten a Lunar Flip. I’m getting close to getting a Lunar on my Shenzhu though.

Reverse Hook 1.5 and 2.0

I’m not 100% proficient with the wrist mount yet so I moved on to other tricks. I saw a tutorial on youtube for a “double green triangle” and I just did it simply because the name sounded cool. I managed to pick it up quickly! The dismount was a little hard imo.

Anyway, I got bored and decided to touch on real tricks and started with Matrix. I picked it up in three or four attempts! It was amazing a few minutes of trying it out allowed me to do it smoothly and pretty fast. My brother was like “whoa! Dude, whatever that trick was looked pro” when he saw me doing it smooth lol. I loved his facial expression filled with awe.

Matrix is a great example of a trick that looks awesome, but is actually pretty straightforward to learn. =) Try Cold Fusion next, it’s a bit harder, but definitely doable. Matrix into Cold Fusion works great as a combo, too!

Cold Fusion took me a good half an hour to land but it was very clunky. It took me a good hour to get to smoothen up a little bit. I just hand accuracy issues with landing the finishing trapeze! But yeah, whenever I get to land it and still have a decent amount of spin, I can do your suggested Cold Fusion -> Matrix repeating combo. I know I can do a few iterations of it if I can get my cold fusion more straight.

Yep, it’s a great little “first combo” =)

3A Assisted RIB Stole took me a good hour.

Behind the back version is next.

Lotus Bloom

You may have noticed that I said, “Seasick” a while ago when I officially landed it but sucked at it. Then a week ago or so I said, “Now it REALLY counts because it was pretty smooth.”

Today in the bathroom of McDonald’s of all places (was waiting for my son… what’s a guy to do?) I landed it in such a locked-in and smooth way that it felt almost like a revelation.

So yeah, Seasick.

And there will probably be a 4th and 5th time that I say, “Wow, if I thought I had it BEFORE, today was a real breakthrough!”. It’s just one of those tricks I guess. :wink:

1 Like

Finally landed 3A Assisted Behind-the-Back RIB Stole.

That was a doozy

Kamikaze!

I finally landed it. I learned the first part fairly quick. My Magic Drop is so-so, but getting them both together and then the finger spins at the end took forever.

Now I need to do it again!

I think the beginnings of a Seasick may be forming. But i also landed Plan D

4A arm orbits!

Yeah, it definitely seems like a trick that you can always improve at.

Horizontal finger spins!

I loooove Fingerspins :3

4A:
Completed and landed everything on the Ben Conde’s 4A tuts at least once. Go Big section was a nightmare.

1A:
Can finally do behind the back horizontal tricks

I’ll probably work on improving my 3A and learning 5A since my friend moved away meaning I don’t have access to loopers anymore

I landed a clean Chopsticks Suicide today. I’ve caught the loops on the wrong fingers before, but I finally caught the loops on my index and middle fingers like they’re supposed to.

Girlfriend out of town…Took a couple of hours to escape the ladder :wink:

Fun, right?!