The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

After 2 painful years i think i may have just landed Ladder Escape…

Yotricks?

Finally landed Seasick! I haven’t been “at it” that hard, but I’ve sort of poked at it on and off for over half a year. Tonight I finally figured, “the moves aren’t hard. I’m just going to land it.” And then I did!

Amplitude needs improving, but I did a proper “NTH goes higher than the TH” version and kept it smooth for 5 reps before I missed a string (not saying there weren’t other failed attempts both before and after!). So I consider that “landed”!

Seasick is a fun trick. I use it in every combo I can

Can’t wait to get better at it. I think I need to film myself from the side in order to guage where I need to improve. It’s so hard to tell!

I just landed kwijibow :smiley: ;D

Last night I got 6 or 7 finger spins with the whip bind thingy, most the time I can’t do it for some reason. I’ve decided I’m not going to look at any tutorials for horizontal play, and so far it’s going alright ;D

Your throwhand should come way closer to the yoyo during the whip than you would think. Makes it easier to aim and also provides enough whipping slack to catch and bind.

Yeah I also found that as I pull my hand away it needs to be kind of a sharpish motion I guess? In my mind the same kind of thing I do for brent stole, not super fast but kind of ‘snap’ it away from the yoyo. Bad at words, better at throwing!

There is a whipping motion for sure. The “snapping away” is what allows the slack to start going around the axle. I definitely don’t do it super fast, either. Confident but calm. :wink:

My shoulder was killing me from throwing sideways last night and I was going to take the day off today, but alas, you have inspired me to master it today!

Funky giraffe ;D I find it a big feat for me it took me 2 days to learn as well as a very tricky trick lots of small elements.

Pajama Man on a fixed axle!!!

Ok this time I’m kidding ;D

I finally landed the 5a trick where you throw the counterweight through a suicide loop and land in a GT. I landed it four times in a row. 8)

I am a very happy man right now. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Spirit Bomb

I’ve been perfectly capable of doing this trick for quite some time. I just never took the time to learn it. So today I went and did it.

I landed part 1 first try. I had a little trouble with the second part but I got it figured out. :smiley:

Just landed a quintuple or nothing! Just to see if I could… Needed a small yoyo - my Dietz fit the bill perfectly!

1 Like

Now do black hops with it!

Haha! I don’t think that’s gonna happen! Let’s just say my quint or nothing is less than consistent. Unwrapping all that string during the dismount is fun though!

How about a yucki slack from there?

I know thats even more impossible than black hops but I thought I may aswell thrw it out there anyways. :smiley:

This awesome trick I love it to bits!!!