The ‘GT’ Thread! (and some 3a)

Hey all,
I know we have a few active trick threads on here already, but I think GTs should have their own category. Considering there’s an endless amount of ways to get into them, and seeing that they’re in almost every routine and video you watch today, I thought it might be fun to kinda watch and even learn some new ways to get into them from you all. So let’s see those GTs!

I learned this one a couple days ago so it’s a little rough, but still fun. The goal is to get it smooth and fluent to where it all kinda looks like one big motion.

9 Likes

Wooo! So on brand for me…

Wrist Whip Suicide GT

DoN to GT

6 Likes

The Simple Flourishy Trapeze to GT I Learned From That One Diego B Tutorial

6 Likes

Freehand One, more like Freehand FUN. Little slack GT I forgot who/where I learned from (I know it was someone’s tutorial on here)

6 Likes

Very smooth!

1 Like

I call the FH1 my “technique smoother” because it’s got just enough unresponsiveness to do some modern stuff while still being responsive enough to snag and humble you if you get sloppy lol

2 Likes

Little grind/vanish thing. Been playing around with different camera angles so this one’s kinda meh sorry lol

3 Likes

double gt rejection thing

3 Likes

That looks like a fun one, is there a tut somewhere?

I learned it in person, the triangle itself is just a modified magic drop, I’ll post something to explain in a bit.

(The rest is just kamikaze leading up to the magic drop)

2 Likes

Appreciate it! If anything I bet I can slow it down and mirror ya too

Hope this helps to explain the drop & motion to get into the triangle! @LeftyThrower24

1 Like

I had a random thought, why are DGTs called D"G"Ts when they’re just rolled over red triangles lol

2 Likes

One more GT thing before the end of the night.

2 Likes

Yo I really appreciate you doing that thank you! Gonna work on it tonight

1 Like

Never even thought of that but I also completely forgot about RTs lol

A Super Fun GT

okay dropping this here real quick and onto looping for the rest on my yoyo time today.

3 Likes

I’m making this a 3a thread as well since I started that journey a few days ago, and so Im not randomly posting in the TaW thread and confusing people lol.

I’ve got the 1.5 kink mount down and we’re getting there with Koro Koro. Rolling two yo-yos over and back is harder than it looks :joy:

3 Likes

Yo nice work! That looks really tricky and really cool already like 3a does just look super cool! Hah!

2 Likes

Right? Even when you mess up it doesn’t look that bad lol. I think I may have reached a bit trying this trick so soon, but to heck with it I’m close after only an hour of practice

1 Like