The Golf Thread!

Arguably the hardest sport imo. It took me a longgg time after years of baseball to fix my golf swing lol, I still catch myself bending my front elbow from time to time

I picked up a new net a couple weeks ago. Going to play 9 Wednesday morning. Played competitive golf in school and made it as low as a 7 hdcp. Only play a few times a year the last decade, but trying to get back into it.

5 Likes

Is Golf a sport? Kind of like Baseball - is it a sport? Or a game?

I mean; if you do not break a sweat; is it a sport?

Golf is indeed a sport, baseball is a game.

A game involves more than one person and a sport is concerned with the skill and performance of only one person .

Not sure I agree with this definition.

Your definition says that anything involving a team is automatically not a sport. I think NFL, NBA and Premier League players might disagree with that.

1 Like

All I’m gonna say is I break a sweat like no other both at the driving range and on the course

Is that because it is a hot day?

1 Like

What is a sport?

“an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment”

Yoyo and golf are sports, but only in competition.

Many of my friends play golf. Since I do not- I must confess that I feel a bit left out now and again.

Golfing with the boys is the best

3 Likes

No hole in ones here.

My claim to fame - Justin Lower PGA TOUR Player Profile, Stats, Bio, Career

My high school team mate.

3 Likes

It’s really a Daycation away from everything, if nothing else

Got to play 9 this morning! Started with a triple bogey 7, but finished with a 39 (+3). I knocked a SW in from 65 yds for an eagle on #5, so I had time to take this picture at the green! It was a great morning.

5 Likes

Starting with a 7 and ending with a 39 the next 8 speaks volumes about your composure lol I start with a 7 I’m in my head the rest of the day

2 Likes

Courses need a practice hole. Especially those without a range

3 Likes

Ready for the course.

6 Likes

It’s a hot one today! Had to snap this…no that is not the clubhouse lmao, couldn’t even get it all because it started to curve in on the left side, probably another good 700-1000sq ft I couldn’t see. Me personally though, wouldn’t have my mansion in the middle of a fairway idk :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

People with that kind of money can also afford force fields. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Best week of the year. Who are you pulling for to win the Masters? I gotta cheer for The Scientist since he is using 3D printed irons!

Luckily the only nice course in my area has a “junior membership” until you’re 30 so I can happily afford to play here whenever i get the time.

Currently nursing a sprained ankle now though so unable to play for a bit.

3 Likes