The Gauntlet is being heavily slept on

I picked up a Gauntlet today and I’ve gotta say I’m blown away. Such a crazy fun organic. Has a nice step away from the response so it spins better than other organics. Beautiful throw, has that super floaty smooth feeling that people die for

4 Likes

I rate it more ehhhh myself. It’s a One Drop so it is clearly good, but not in their top 5, maybe not even in top 10.

See Best OneDrop releases in their catalog, 2007 - 2018?

6 Likes

Mine doesnt get much action. I like the shape alot, the rim design just isnt my cup of tea.

Yo-yos are like ice cream.

Everybody doesn’t like the same flavor.

You start with any flavor and then you test around to land on the ‘one’.

5 Likes

You guys are trippin, this is gotta be my favorite Onedrop. I got it alongside the Top Deck, and Terrarian, and although the Top Deck is objective better in terms of spin and stability, the feel of the gauntlet is pure awesome for me

2 Likes

Although maybe I’m just funky because I had a MC and didn’t care for it compared to the Gauntlet

1 Like

Very interesting. I have been on a heavy organic kick lately and this jammer was nowhere near my radar. I recently picked up a Mayhem and im having about the same enthusiasm for that thing. Plus, its technically a One Drop too?

5 Likes

Definitely more of a deep cut in the One Drop catalog, for sure. It won’t disappoint!

2 Likes

Get past the honeymoon phase.
Get back to us.

#sassy

5 Likes

It’s a weird one for me. I don’t play it that much, but when i do, i get reminded how good it is. Super fun.

4 Likes

:joy::joy: I love it man

2 Likes

I got mine off the FB BST over a year ago and am still pleasantly surprised whenever I pick it up. Really enjoy it. For whatever reason, though, it’s just not as memorable as the Overture or MMC for me. But definitely a fan.

1 Like

Alright guys, I’ve worked through the honey moon stage with this Gauntlet and I gotta say my opinion is unchanged.

I never thought that it was some super stable freestyle slayer, quite the contrary. It’s an organic that will bite you if you do tricks incorrectly, and I love him for it.

I still definitely believe he’s being slept on in a market that praises organics. Everyone is very free to disagree though, I’m aware my opinion isn’t very popular :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Nah, you’re right man. Gauntlet is dope. Awesome price point and super fun.

3 Likes

Hey, thanks bro. I’m glad a few of us give him some love :facepunch:

3 Likes

Never have I slept on a gauntlet, usually use a pillow. :grin:

7 Likes

Nice, I’ll try and pick one up… when I get a job :stuck_out_tongue:

(turn 16 in like 2 weeks so pshhh not gonna get a work permit for 2 weeks :sunglasses:)

2 Likes

When I first saw this, I thought you meant the infinity gauntlet like from avengers. But in a pleasant surprise I saw the yo-yo.

3 Likes

:thinking::joy:

1 Like

Catch and release for me too.

But, ‘Difference of opinion makes a horse race’, to quote Twain.

2 Likes