The day my white whale popped up on the BST for a ridiculously low price, and I was an hour too late

:broken_heart:

Oooh, Diptych.

“it was Moby ■■■■ that brought me to this dead stump I stand on now… and I’ll chase him round Good Hope, and round the Horn, and round the Norway Maelstrom, and round perdition’s flames before I give him up. And this is what ye have shipped for, men! to chase that white whale on both sides of land, and over all sides of earth, till he spouts black blood and rolls fin out.”

-Captain Ahab

(Lol @ the censoring of this quote :sweat_smile:)

10 Likes

Yeah that was a steal. I felt the pain too. It’s going to be the hard one to complete my a-rt metals collection.

1 Like

$120 for a Dyptich is a steal?

Yep! They originally retailed for 130. I’ve seen them go for more than 200.

It’s basically slightly refined CLYW Canvas, which was Jensen’s last signature model under Caribou Lodge.

Diptychs are pretty rare, only a handful were released. It’s one of those yo-yos that is on my list of wants, but the reality of actually obtaining one is pretty minimal.

2 Likes

$60 would be a steal.
$90 would be a reasonable pre-owned price.
$130+ is people being greedy.

2 Likes

That’s capitalism for you.

4 Likes

Frowneypants707

8 Likes

That’s not how it works… You can say the same thing to any collectors item but there is a reason why stuff like an Action Comics No.1 is worth millions.

7 Likes

It’s a yoyo, and not a very old one at all. Also not the first of anything.

People can pay all they like, though.

1 Like

Man in the market there is one rule: if the demand is high compared to the quantity aviable the value of the product will increase. This is a great example of that rule

4 Likes

When people start to want my yoyos, I’ll sell my one-of-a-kinds for like a bujillion dollars fifty.

1 Like

If there is a high demand of your yoyos but a limited quantity the value will increase.

1 Like

There will never be a high demand for Spinworthy yoyos.

1 Like

I think there was another post, but if you want other people to try and know your products you have to invest time and maybe money into influencer channel’s and social media accounts.

4 Likes

Can’t be stuffed.

I don’t like social media.

1 Like

Isn’t this forum social media?

If you want spinworthy to grow, you need to get your YoYos in the hands of well known yoyoers.

1 Like

I don’t consider the forum to be social media because it is far too social.

I’ve gotten some of mine in Jensen Kimmitt’s and also @YOHANS hands. :man_shrugging:

I don’t know if that helps me, but was really nice to trade with them.

4 Likes

Well, do you know why I bought my Shutter WA and Replay Pro at first when I started?Because I saw lots of reviews, mentions and Gentry playing with them. Advertisment is fundamental for people to try a yoyo.

3 Likes

Oh I agree. I guess I’m just kind of an anti-brand.

1 Like

Maybe getting some yoyo youtubers to try and review your products will help a lot. You just have to work something out with them and send the yoyos. Lots of people will be watching the video and will know your product. Even if you do not upload anything on social media I recommend you to open a webpage or use Instagram to get orders.