The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

SWH 0A/Fixie trick memo #3 - pushing the limits of the spintime on this yoyo.

17 Likes

dang man

2 Likes

SWH 0A/Fixie trick memo #4 (last one for now) - just a feel good trick.

12 Likes

Nice! I love that!

1 Like

Fun little flow combo :slight_smile:

14 Likes

@DocPop is doing a lot with, and for, modern responsive right now. Here is a cool interview he did with Kyle, though this would be good to have in this thread.

8 Likes

Sorry to plug my own videos, but I have a few more I think might fit in this thread including my tutorial for modern responsive basics

My interview with Ed

And here’s an older clip vid of mine that might be fun here

edit: thank MarkD for helping me with embeds.

18 Likes

If you put the links on their own line by themselves, they will embed.

1 Like

Finally have a trick I’d like to put here, consecutive tape measures to a Houdini mount and a bunny flip, calling it bunny slides.

14 Likes

That’s tight, those tape measures are all sorts of tricky, been watching it over to try and figure it out. :call_me_hand::yo-yo:

2 Likes

Thanks! I found it sets itself up easier if you catch the first trapeze on your non throwhand thumb

1 Like

My main issue with the XT is that it just feels so light. But I do have a couple around as teaching tools. I should give one a rotation in the pocket to see how I feel about doing 0A with it.

Errr…none of those have half-spec bearings. Or were you saying that the XT is like those three yoyos in that it has a full sized C bearing and is still responsive? I suspect that’s what you meant and my reading comprehension is just bad.

2 Likes

The XT is a full spec C that is recessed like the Deep State, Walter and Theodores, if my grammer wasn’t clear. It is light but heavier than The Weekender. Where the XT shines is that its under $10 and can be found in department stores, which makes it very accessible to a lot more people to try 0A. Deep States, Walter’s, Theodores, Weekenders and Moonshines along with TMBRs, No Jives and Spinworthy cost exponentially more and are premium 0A responsive yoyos that are very nice to play and feel great in the hand. But, you don’t have to have a premium yoyo to necessarily do alot of the 0A tricks. For me what makes a good 0A yoyo is high flat walls and the XT is a classic Butterfly shape. That being said, I think the Metal Drifter which also comes responsive with a 1/2 spec C is not that good for 0A stall tricks as it’s more organic and rounded around the bearing seat. But put a full spec C in it and it’s fun for 5A and a fun little light 1A unresponsive throw IMO. I’m bias because I like all YoYos.

4 Likes

Unknown TMBR

4 Likes

Wonder if this was the project that @edhaponik spoke of here a little while back. Can’t wait to see what it is. Must be something with the ebony that Colin posted.

4 Likes

The XT is now under $5 with improved response and a few more grams.

16 Likes

For $5, I’d give one of the new ones a try.

2 Likes

This is actual hype. I’m a fan of the original one so a new one seems interesting.

7 Likes

10 * 10 = :100:

A plastic recessed c bearing yo-yo (I assume starburst response) for $10 is not bad though. And at $5 your claim of exponentially more expensive is actually accurate!

The new $5 XT is also heavier which addresses some criticisms stated up-topic as well.

2 Likes

@egon thanks again for the trade man! I’m absolutely loving these two things.

After worlds I’m gonna take an extended break from 1a I think :thinking:. I’d love to get on that @edhaponik vibe

15 Likes