The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Most of the No Jives I see have some sort of engraved logo on them; wouldn’t that have string friction/response consequences when assembled in butterfly mode?

Not in a negative way. I mean the ones with heavy engraving probably shouldn’t be played with the engraving on the inside but standard ones with text are fine. @edhaponik has a video showing how he sets them up for play.

2 Likes

Here you go, it was mentioned above :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Some fixie tech

com-resize(20)

com-resize(21)

6 Likes

Nice!

I can’t even land a trapeze with my Morrow without it winding back up on me.

1 Like

How’s your fixie journey going?

1 Like

I’m ready to embark on it now that the polyurethane stain has fully cured on the Morrow. I also have a Harbinger coming in the mail this week. Still early days!

5 Likes

Oh nice who did you snag that one from?

Fixie stuff: a quick slack triangle.

com-resize(22)

3 Likes

Andrew Anderson (via FB BST).

It’s a beautiful zebrawood.

1 Like

Question… What lube is recommended for a modern responsive? Noticing that after a couple years of play, my Confusion is beginning to break in and not quite respond as I’d like. Anything I can just pick up at the store (easier than having to pay shipping) or is it better to use something formulated for yoyos?

I currently use the one drop lube for my unresponsives.

1 Like

Polyeurothane stain? What from?

I stained my plain maple Morrow. The mahogany stain is a stain + poly finish mixture from Varathane.

7 Likes

I’m glad that’s what you meant by ‘stain’ and not some accident or axle experiment.

2 Likes

That looks killer! :facepunch:t3:

2 Likes

I use Super Lube 51010 in the pen applicator based on suggestions from around the internet for responsive yoyo lube and it seems to work well.

1 Like

I’ve heard people say 3 in 1 oil is good. When I had an OG AlleyCat? I packed the bearing with bicycle grease. Some allegedly use Vaseline. I’m guessing if you put a few drops of the One Drop Lube in, that would work too.

2 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

BIke grease works like a charm.

3 Likes

I use burt’s bees lip balm. Works like a charm!

3 Likes