That hook trick tho

Hook tricks are soooo addicting, but yet rewarding. After much frustration, got 10 or so beefhooks under my belt. Far from consistent. Also learned tension hook and got it to click. Can hit itost of the time. So satisfying tho once it clicks.

6 Likes

I have once hit a quadruple wrap beef hook.

1 Like

landing a hook is definitely really fun. I’m still pretty bad at them, I can do 1, -1, 1.5, beefhook, and tension hook (sometimes).

I think I love brent stole and its family of tricks better though…

6 Likes

First hook I picked up was hidamasa. Good trick.

4 Likes

I can do a Hidemasa and 1.5 pretty well. I don’t even know what -1 or beefhook are. Guess google will be my friend in a bit.

What I really want to be able to do is a 2.0 and 2.5, but I have no idea where to begin. I’ve watched Evan Nagao’s video(and one other somewhere) for advanced hooks, but when I try to do the two-handed motion it just feels so wrong. I usually end up smacking the yo-yo right into my face or just cutting open a knuckle—not kidding. Not sure why I always end up hitting the yo-yo :confused:

1 Like

-1 is shorthand for reverse 1.0 hook, which whips the other way and lands in a sort of modified trapeze where your thumb is holding the string past where the yoyo is.

Beefhook is a gunshot trick that transitions from DoN to something resembling 1.5 mount on your TH.

1 Like

I find it funny that youre better at beefhooks than tension hooks😂

1 Like

@hobbygod for real! That makes me want beefhooks even more. Beefhooks seems easier, just can’t hardly land it… Thanks a lot for your tutorials while your here. Love em

1 Like

Ah thanks. I hadn’t got around to googling yet. That’s really cool looking.

1 Like

Thanks! I feel like my beefhook one is the one that really took off out of all of them.

1 Like

I watched your beefhook tutorial. That’s helpful. Still only landed it once so far though, but I’m getting it. You got some arms bro. I traded mine in for a gut after I had kids…

3 Likes

Thanks! Glad it helped :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have tension hook on lock… Yet I have yet to stick beef hook even once. It like my yoyo kryptonite.

2 Likes