Terrapin X VS OD 10 ball

Which bearing would you recommend?

Bump of awesome

PERSONALLY I don’t find Terrapins to be worth the extra money. I would say just try two cheaper bearings for the same or comparable price (i.e. Crucial grove and the OD 10 ball)

So does the stainless version of the Terrapin play about the same as a OD 10 ball?

ive played with both and have been yoyoing for about a year.
I would highly recommend the OD10 ball…it is soooo quite!
I have a problem with bearing noise as i find it too annoying. The OD10 ball is whisper quite and butter smooth…Also doesnt really need any maintenance apart from the drop of lube here n there.

I personally have never played the stainless version, only the ceramic, sorry.

I have played the stainless steel version, and it is really a wonder to play. For me it spins about twice as long as a ten ball and just as smooth. The only thing is that the terrapin x bearing isn’t as reliable as a ten ball.

Is the Stainless Terrapin 10 ball?

There are some that are ten ball, but the one that I had was an 8 ball

All C size Terrapin X bearings are now 10 ball.

If the wing cut was part of the comparison, that would win me every time. The subtle centering was my favorite feature or Terripin and what the lack thereof is what i dislike most from OD10’s

Yes the ceramic 10 ball Wing Cut is my top of the line competition bearing, glad you like it.

I own 3 of those bad boys, so yeah, love em! Your dry lube is BEAST also, but you know this :wink: THANKS!

Terrapin x is my go to. Up there with kk

Keep in mind ceramic 10 ball bearings cost a bit more then steel ones
but they last 5 times longer.

Sorry if a bit of a side note, but your dry lube is fine for steel, ceramic, and hybrid?

I use it for any type. the performance of the free spin of the bearing still on the tool after a proper lube job is unmatched.

1 Like

Yes this is true.
Terrapin X ceramic 10 balls are treated with it and never need more

1 Like