Teams

Amen!

Nope. 2. I changed his name to Hubert.

Darn. I guess I’ll go break the news to him :wink:

Most understanding post in this thread yet.

crap man, this is one of the best posts ever!!!no lie

Thanks X52 and i thing that was a compliment for matt but im not sure.

Im not trying to brag but i think Team suicide,Sick tricks(whip string),And team Abyss are the most known teams on this forum and we dont just make a team becuase we make our own string.We make videos,Some make yoyos(congrats on that by the way),and some just like having a team.Half the well known teams such a Clyw ,yyr,and i think general yo started almost the same way.They start small and get huge and well known.Im sorry but i dont see a point in this thread.

Again Respectfully,
                     Wyatt Roberts

Well I think it was clear and truthful about forum teams.

No.

They didn’t.
General-Yo’s and Clyw’s teams actually knew each other before they made a team. Personally.

It was never a matter of, hey PM me and we’ll see if you’re good enough. Ever.

Yupp.I mean i get what hes saying but it is his opinion and he’s intitled to it.But i dont see why he should tell everyone that he thinks teams shouldnt be on the forums.It sounds to me that he thinks yoyoing is wack by saying “as long as you can laugh at your self”. I mean come on now.And im not saying that but they probs knew each other from somewere and started like “hey were good we should create a team”

Yup. That’s exactly why I spend most of my time either yoyoing, or trying to help kids learn to yoyo.
Yup. That’s why I took a sponsorship, for something that I think is “wack”.
Yup. That’s why I spent 500 bucks of my own money to attend MWR, I lost work over that.
Yup. That’s why I always have a yoyo with me.

That’s why I strive to learn new tricks.
That’s why I talk to everyone I can, and make friends in the business.
That’s why I spend time on forums about it.

Yeah, you caught me. It’s because I think it’s wack.

Trust me, every pro or contest winner has taken a step back and said “I play with yoyos” and laughed. If you haven’t, you just haven’t reached the comfort with yoyos that most players have.

Oh, and are you implying that Team General-Yo has nothing to do with General-Yo yoyos??
Because I’m fairly sure that it wasn’t a matter of “Oh, we’re good. Let’s make a team. Because yoyoing is going to be all about teams”.
I’m pretty sure that it was them liking a company. Liking what the company stood for. And ultimately becoming a part of the company.

THEY WEREN’T JUST BORED AND DECIDED THAT MAKING A TEAM WAS SOMETHING TO DO TO BLOW AWAY A SATURDAY.
They did it because they stand united under an actual company.

For what?

The love of the company.

Not for the three free strings every month.
Not because they get free crap.
It’s because they. Love. The. Company.

And don’t say that your “Team” loves that you make strings. They probably don’t. They want free strings, you’re giving away free strings. Hmmmm. I’m not sure, but I think there’s a pattern here.

Oh, and by the way.

Nobody uses wack anymore.
If you want to put words in my mouth, at least be current.

-Q

Okay budd.I can laugh at myself becuase i yoyo but i take it very seriously as well.I spend 80%of my money on yoyoing and half my time on it.Its just how you came off from the whole thing but my bad i guess you dont think its wack but i didnt know about all that stuff, You came off like you liked to yoyo but you also thought it was kinda childish.But The teams started somewere and they started the same way half the teams do,half the clubs do,and half of everything starts. People somewere decided that they were serious enough to create a team/company and it got bigger and bigger.

That isn’t how it works Wyatt.

You don’t just decide that you’re good enough one day to create a team or company.
I don’t see that as Legit. Not at all.

For a team to be for real. They have to flow in one direction. Be in one mindset. And that mindset isn’t all about winning.
If I have to tell you the mindset that most teams have, well.

You need to step back and think for a while.

I look at teams as a bigger way of expressing a variety of different styles. Like if you look at the YYF team they don’t just run off world champion 1A players! They have a wide variety of world class players and some of the best rising players on their team and they all play more than just one style. It’s like having a bag of mixed nuts you don’t just get cashews or almonds, you get peanuts and cashews and almonds an pecans and so on and so forth. I personally love seeing teams being formed but if you guys want to do it right do it in subtlety and moderation!

-Matt ???