Take this yoyoing survey--Let's se what our community thinks

A couple things…

Organic shapes are not just for nostalgia, they have function.

If it was merely top yoyo = string hit beast, then everyone would use some flavor of Draupnir.

1 Like

What function? They have high walls and too much center weight. The only function I can think of is having a specific feel that some players prefer but that requires sacrificing a better catch zone, better spin times and stability and more optimal weight distribution.

Just because someone prefers to read Twilight doesn’t make it well written.

2 Likes

Organics are nice for regens, not getting knocked off plane as easily as angular shapes, floaty weight distributions, etc… but I think you know this and just want to argue for… what purpose exactly?

I mean, you act like you have it all figured it out for everyone, that those that like organic shapes only do it for the “nostalgia”, so then we can extend that and let the fixed axle crew that they are playing with the “wrong” yoyo and should be using a Draupnir with a wood axle or something.

1 Like

If done correctly, an organic shaped yoyo can be just as stable, I mean look at the Bowl 7068 and the MC for example.

1 Like

I also believe organics handle rejections slightly better, but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

:exploding_head: hold up has anyone tried one of those Luftverk bearing blanks in a Draupnir yet?