Surge contest entry. Power Surge

Here is my contest entry for the yoyojam X yoyoexpert surge contest. Tell me what you guys think! I would love some feedback, not just for the contest but because I’m always looking to get better and make better videos.

How did you get the string to glow? A backlight? Glow in the dark string?

I’ll post a picture of the set up I used for this video, but It is two twelve inch black lights and actually white string.

OK, thanks!

It was good but maybe being closer to the Camera will help next time.

It was good but I couldn’t see the Yoyo in the dark.

It was very hard to see it in the dark with any kind of editing or multiple takes. So I decided to make it almost unseen. Just something different.

Well it was still a good video

Nice thanks for making the thread now i dont have to. Heres my  surge video contest entry

This is how I had it set up. The black lights are just on nails in the wall and come off very easily. The camera was on the tripod in the corner. And my iPhone was sitting behind me with the flash light turned on pointed at the camera. Please feel free to ask any other question!

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o578/baerinatux/null_zpsba3a0b0c.jpg

If you don’t mind me asking, how much did those black lights cost?

I payed about $15 each. I also had ordered a 48 inch on that broke in shipping… twice. So yeah, never again on one that big. I bought them from amazon, but the exact ones I purchased are no longer available, but this is the closest and most comparable.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Black-24Blb-Blacklight-Fixture/dp/B0002F5544/ref=sr_1_4?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1372781433&sr=1-4&keywords=black+lights+18+inch

Thanks a lot! Those are much cheaper than I expected. I thought they’d be around $50 each! :stuck_out_tongue:

No problem! And they can cost that much, depending on where you buy them from. This was pretty much the best deal I found so I’m happy to share it! I’m excited to see what you do with them!

That was neat. :smiley:

Thank you!