Supernova, or Genesis?

supernova is awesome :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Havenā€™t got a post that hasnā€™t had a spelling mistake yet -.-
*awesome

LOL :smiley:

Just saying if I was offered the choice of one of the new 7075 genesis or one of the new supernovas Iā€™d probly take the genesis myself. I prefer the shape of it along with itā€™s stability

yes i have , its great but i like the genesis a tad bit more , its more versatile and is a beast on the string

The new Supernova is what Iā€™ve been throwing non-stop and is good for your style.

The Genesis I have thrown and loved, and will buy when I get the money.

But I must vote supernova

SUPAHNOVS

genesis is to big ::slight_smile:

68.x grams and 56mm diameter. Wow, itā€™s a monster all right. :wink: You will find a wealth of yoyos in this general range.

Thank you everybody! I have looked at every comment, and all were helpful. I guess that I am gonna go with the SuperNova, and while Iā€™m at it, is it at least DECENT for LEARNING new tricks? Especially those ones on the advanced part 2 and expert tricks?

You will easily learn tricks on the Supernova.

Just because I liked the Genesis better, doesnā€™t mean I have anything but respect for the Supernova legacy. :wink: Itā€™s one of the worldā€™s best unresponsive string-trick yoyos of ALL TIME. With the exception of certain grind tricks, the Supernova will handle anything you could care to learn. The Supernova will not limit your ability to learn in the least.

I have both, here are my thoughts:

The Supernova is on the faster side. However, it is less stable/doesnā€™t spin as long as the Genesis.

The Genesis is more of an ā€œany-speedā€ yoyo, it can go fast and slow, though not as fast as the Supernova. However, it is more stable/spins longer.

I do feel that the Supernova has a feel to it that more people will like though, some people just find the Genesis a bit heavy.

Never tried a Supernova, had a 2010 Severe though.

Iā€™ve owned 4 Genesi. The standard ones are great (try to find a not-2012 edition, the 2012s are good but those are even better), but I prefer the new Championā€™s Collection hubstack ones (yes, Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s a difference between the Championā€™s Collection edition and the Genesis+). Great finish for grinding, dead smooth, goes slow-medium but can be pushed easily to go fast, or if you take the stacks off you have a ~64 gram Genesis (just guessing, havenā€™t weighed it yet) , and I think you know thatā€™ll have some speed.

I havenā€™t tried a New Genesis, but Iā€™d say if you have the money GET ONE. And even if you donā€™t like it, Iā€™ll give you a nice trade. :wink:

1 Like

I have tried the genesis and supernova which I liked more but they are similar.Also the supernova is a little to crazy on the string.

Go with one of the Luis Enrique Genesisā€™s. They are absolutely amazing and can handle anything and everything.

Now I think that the Genesis is out of the equation, I cannot decide between these 2. :-\ A few Differences between the Supernova and the Chik would be nice.