Sunset Trajectory by YoYoJam

I purchased a green Sunset Trajectory from yoyoeXpert’s shop on Friday, and received it today, in only four days! I decided to write up a review, so here it is:

Features
Skill Level: Beginner to Expert
YoYo Shape: Looping (Traditional)
YoYo Material: Polycarbonate
Bearing: Small Bearing
YoYo Weight: na
Outer Diameter: 2.24 inches
Yo-Yo Width: 1.41 inches
Cap Diameter: 1.86 inches
Response Type: Double O-Ring
O-Ring Type: Small Rubber O-Ring
Axle Size: Small Axle
Gap Type: Adjustable

Styles of Play
1A: 3 out of 5
2A: 5 out of 5
3A: 2 out of 5
4A: 1 out of 5
5A: 3 out of 5

This yoyo is just perfect for looping and speed tricks. It has an adjustable gap and a small ball bearing. Designed by Dave Geigle (Team YYJ Germany) and Bill de Boisblanc (Team YYJ US), this is a fast player, and easy to use. Perfect for beginners and experts alike. It can spin for at least 3 minutes non-stop and is great for loops, around-the-worlds, walk-the-dogs, and rock-the-cradles. As a bonus, this is one of the best looping yoyos, at an incredibly cheap price of $14.40 ($16 if purchased at yoyojam.com)!

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message or post in this topic.

-Mitchell

I think it can be used as an all round player for beginner, intermidiate and expert
I mean come on, Grant Johnson uses them

Nice rewiew.I’m gonna have 2 of them for 2A style so thanks for rewiew

That was meant as a starting level, but I changed it to “Beginner to Expert” anyways. Thanks!

yeah, you’re right mitchell… actually, sunsets are the yoyo’s i used to win our nationals this year for 2A, this is one of my favorite 2A yoyo’s ;D

what i’m afraid of is that yyj yoyo’s have the tendency to crack easily on the axle/nipple… but i would rate the sunset trajectory at 9/10 :wink:

it is even though i dont play 2a much… i fell in love with those sunsets…

Ps. Kyle is the Best! :slight_smile:

i have a sunset and will only spin about 1 min how dose yrs spin 3 mins?

Do you use thin lube on yours? Also, keep your gap a little wide.

is it good to use silicone as response sysytem for sunsets? i’m planning to mod my sunsets and give a try on doing loops using silicone as a response… :slight_smile:

I don’t see any reason not to try silicone in a Sunset. If it doesn’t work out, you can jut peel it back out again. No harm done. I’m not a huge 2A guy, but there must be a reason why the 4 most popular 2A models use;
Sunset - o-rings
Raider - starbursts
Beetle - pads
Loop 720 - string?!

Everything but silicone.

Have Fun,
Java

it is a great yo-yo :slight_smile:

MEGA NECRO FLAWLESS VICTORY! :wink: This thread was last updated December 2008. LOL!

This post is so old that the OP hasn’t posted anything in over two years. This might be the the biggest necro I’ve ever seen on this site

1 Like