Summer of Titanium

doesn’t have to agree with me, have opinions, I have mine, and others have their own.
smaller if you look back from 2008 to diameters of 50mm doesn’t go down to widths ever of 40mm … it will be a case?
very few exceptional cases, some models of the ILYY or the Flying V of SPYY … and they were all special models that have not been particularly successful.
then what is the point today redo a model of eight years almost equal then (with a system axis criticized even then and has had no result).

I don’t think that, more broadly, the titanium can give advantages justifiable than aluminum, you have a walker and a sovereign, play well (the sovereign to be honest, despite having a distribution weight very unique and extreme, it’s nothing special in the game) … can boast features twice the yoyo aluminum? (Twice the spinn, double the stability, etc.?) … No.
cost twice? not cost 6-8 times more than a yoyo in aluminum body, then what is the point today spend all this money (from 300 to 500 $) for a yoyo that is not even twice as good of an entry level aluminum.

I should mention that the World Yoyo Contest 2014 was win from Gentry Stein with a Shutter (not used a Richoche) … in third place Iori Yamaki that didn’t use a Dazzler but a Draupnir

We are all happy to hear you have your own opinions on how useless titanium is for the production of yoyo’s. Seeing how the real fact of the players you mentioned (Gentry, Iori, etc…) is they could easily out perform YOU and most everyone else by simply using a PLASTIC freehand zero…then why don’t you follow your own line of thinking and just get rid of all your aluminum yoyo’s too and just use plastic? Seriously man, I’ve heard more valid complaints from an ice cube ::slight_smile:

maybe we dont need to have yoyos made out of titanium but then again you also dont need a ferrari its just what you want…

the bsp is special beause even though its thin it play very well… before you go out and assume things maybe you should actually try and play them… youve made the same mistake before now learn from it…

There is a reason you almost never see BSP’s go up for sale, even despite the criticism ::slight_smile:

luckily there’s you with your absolute truths to illuminate this corner of the world

:-X

p.s. the plastic yoyo I have never considered, my very first yo-yo was a L3 Auldey

1 Like

with BSP I’ve played there for a whole day at the Italian National Contest of 2009 … I remember him as a yoyo heavy, with a gap too tight, too tight and with a shape, playing well … but like so many other yoyo I felt in those three days

P.S. a Ferrari (or any supercar) is a machine that has performance (acceleration, speed, stability, braking distances) well different from those of a normal utilitarian … this justifies the high cost … it doesn’t occur for a yoyo titanium

Then why don’t you play with plastic? It would cost you far less than aluminum.

If I remember correctly the L3 nd almost all of Auldey al yoyos cost less than many plastics.

Just because you can’t see the justification for Titanium yoyos doesn’t mean others can’t justify it.

First, Titanium does allow for the possibility of weight distributions that aren’t possible with aluminum. It’s not really possible to know that until you play it, so we don’t know if this BSP.2 takes advantage of it.

Second, while this looks just like the BSP, it has different dimensions, so it’s not going to be the same experience as the BSP. Until you actually play the BSP.2, any speculation about its play is just that, speculation.

Third, there are other reasons to buy Titanium. It’s super durable compared to aluminum. This BSP.2 has great dimensions for a pocket throw, so combined with the durability, it’s a great yoyo to take and play anywhere. Titanium can also spark, which is neat and can be a bonus for people who show tricks to non-Throwers. Titanium throws are typically somewhat limited, great for collectors.

Fourth, it’s a luxury material. Performance doesn’t need to be the justification to buy it. A Rolls Royce Phantom isn’t a beast on the race track, but people still want them for other reasons. Some titanium’s take full advantage of the material. Others focus on the other qualities of Titanium rather than just weight distribution for performance. The BSP and BSP.2 are both of the latter.

Fifth, it’s not for everybody. You’ve made it clear it’s not for you. It’s not for people scraping money together for other things in their life. But it’s completely justifiable to other people. So it’s completely unnecessary for you to try and disprove the justification other people have.

Personally, I’m super excited to get my BSP.2. It’s going to be the throw that I take everywhere with me, previously a role filled by the Sovereign. Neither of them are my top performers, but they’re both still awesome to me.

There is the aluminago hard which is practicaly better than titanium in every way except it is less dense.

Care to elaborate on how it’s better than titanium in every way?..please give me 3 minutes first to make popcorn.

1 Like

But a yoyo, much like a Ferrari, is only as good as the person that is using it.  Just because something has “performance” built in doesn’t mean you know how to use it, or can use it to it’s highest level.  Where on the flip side someone who really does know the ins and outs of something, be it a car or a yoyo, it doesn’t matter if it’s a thin gap fixed axle or a high performance titanium or bi-metal.

2 of my favorite videos I watch when I forget that it’s not the tools, it’s the user:

1 Like

exactly, is the player who makes the difference, and can do anything he wants with a yoyo aluminum 30 as well as with one of tatanio 600 … to now has never been shown that with a yo-yo tatanio you can create combos longer or more complex tricks with a yoyo aluminum (rather obvious difference between yoyo aluminum and plastic … not bimateriali plastic / aluminum but only plastic) … then what is the point spending $ 600 for a yoyo titanium?
nobody (the greater resistance of titanium … can be, but also titanium dents and with the money of a Dazzler for example, can buy 10 different yoyo aluminum, with different shape and characteristics … and too much time passes before it can destroy them !!!).

Because we like Titanium. There doesn’t need to be any other reason. Performance isn’t the be-all/end-all deciding factor in yoyo purchases. Period.

3 Likes

perfect, and you do well to purchase them.
Is a problem if those who think like you and explains why he writes here?
I hope not.

Not sure what this means… ???

There are benefits to machining yo-yos from titanium, but it’s a matter of opinion whether or not those benefits outweigh the costs. The bottom line is people spend more money on products because they can, not because they need to. I can buy a pair of cheap sunglasses at the gas station, but I prefer my Raybans.

Titanium yoyos just sound cooler. There, that is my reason lol. :slight_smile:

And they spark!

Yep, pair a Ti yoyo with a MG Freehand and you have survival tools ;D