Suggestions for a kids yoyo?

Give em a chance!

2 Likes

i am! he was on twitch with me the other night demonstrating his binding skills… the dv888 was his first unresponsive, and he provided feedback on that too ftr…

been pickin his brain a bit too for product development… :thinking:

anywho, the imperial is a good throw to teach you how to throw straight, which is a critical component of yoyoing. if you can’t throw a yoyo straight, you are going to be a sloppapottomous.

kids want to throw up and down, and sleep… and jump
for joy when they do it… and lose the yoyo and smash it. a stack of imperials around the house will fill the need to learn to always throw straight, randomly pick up a yoyo (as a four year old) and throw it until Battling Seizure Robot Hour Youtube Cat Video Minute
comes on.

have a butterfly xt, velocity, first base, etc
or whatever at the ready for when
the kiddo wants to be the next @yoyocobb6137 kiddo (not enough water to put out that :fire::fire::fire:, good gravy!!!)

i mean, unless
@yyfben2.deactivated is coming over to
demos :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve started many kids on the spinstar. I’ve found that the noise it makes is helpful for them to realize when the yoyo is running out of spin. Though the Whip is a great throw. That being said my 16 month old son seems to prefer the day dream and it’s huge. However, he holds the string and I hold him and he just drops it to the end of the string and bounces it and laughs. His other go to is the legend wing. He also occasionally chews on both. I will cherish these memories for ever! My heart overflows. That’s him in my profile pic imitating Dad with the legend.

3 Likes

These will be amazing memories for you!!!

1 Like

Kids don’t always see yoyos as yoyos. I didn’t when I was a kid. Sometimes my Imperial was swung over my head as a lariat, sometimes the blades of a helicopter, sometimes it was a dog running down the road, sometimes it was a rock for skipping acrossed a puddle or swimming pool. The point is, in the end, regardless of the make or model, a yoyo can make a great friend. (If a toy can be a friend. lol)

8 Likes

THIS!!! complete sentence

1 Like

I had to put the kibosh on this one with my 8 and 10 year old. When they couldn’t first do “Up / Down” they quickly figured out that it can do “A LOT OF OTHER THINGS”! Too funny!

3 Likes

Oh, and he calls it his whoa whoa.

4 Likes

Honestly, this is still me.

3 Likes