Suggest the next G2 Tutorial.

Jake, a suggestion: fundamental regens. You wouldn’t have to cover every regen in the book, but some of the basics.

One of the ones I can’t do for the life of me is that one where it rolls up over the back of your fingers and you send it back out the direction it came from. That one is used everywhere lately but still looks so cool.

There is a specific reason why I have said for tutorials to be made for these. Its because they are vital. They established the connection from a original trick to its sequel. In 2001 into 2002 sequel tricks were the “it” thing to do because they wanted to keep improving their concepts.

More importantly, many of the sequel tricks from Spencer Berry and Paul Escolar had slack elements which helped establish the trickstyle for the general yoyo world. Now we think of slack tricks like its completely normal but in those years it was fresh, it was new, it was exciting.

Watch this video, it provides the tricks that I suggested: Yellow Submarine, White Buddha Second gen. Breeze was a sequel trick that was never released until 2011 due to Gabe thinking he lost the footage forever.

One of the best yoyo videos ever created in the entire yoyo community.

The reason why many of these tricks were not made into tutorials was due to the fact that the tutorials were on yoyoing.com’s video site, and the hardrive broke down. Entire years of yoyoing/history was lost. Such tricks were lost to history until Gabe got Sector Y up and running and had the video files backed up. So thats why YYE only has the original tricks and not the sequels.

Breeze (Breath 2) by Spencer Berry

Superman 2 (sequel of Superman) by Jason Lee

http://archive.sector-y.com/tricks/string_tricks/index.php
This will link you to the sequel tricks (there is a link that takes you to each drawn out tutorial)

Hope this helps. Its worth learning them. :slight_smile:

~Z

Thanks Z! Ill look into them next week. Got rancid milk down today, expect a tutorial soon, but its going to be a long one.

2 Likes

yes yes yes yes finally a tut for rancid milk that i can maybe understand.

I know this will take up a lot of space on the page, but I just wanted to say thanks for the links Zammy, and thanks to Jake for creating this thread. Maybe I will get to learn these after all :slight_smile:

Rancid milk has been learned and will be filmed this weekend hopefully :slight_smile:

Yes, please do this! Like Greg, I can’t do that one he described, but I would love to, because it’s an awesome looking trick. I think a quick guide on a few regens would be awesome.

Here is the Rancid Milk TUT

1 Like

Could you do a tutorial for Iwasawa Tower Laceration?

Trust me, I asked him like a million times.

He won’t be able to do it, it’s to painful for his shoulder.

uggg
I need to learn this and I can’t find a good tutorial

I have a bad arm so I stay away from hard whip. Jesse taught me how and also told me that he was going to make a tut but the creator didn’t want him too…

Really?

Why didn’t the creator want a tutorial?

Stingy!

Backhand regen filmed. Will be up this week. Not sure what to learn now?

1 Like

Paranoia by jake bullock!!!

Thank you so much Jake! I can’t wait to learn this!

Something specific :slight_smile:

Horizontal is not my strong point lol

Can you do a Tutorial for Haddock?

This can be found on his YouTube channel and also in the video Inspired Tricks