stuck bearing - supernova (mordo613's questions merged)

Tried pliers and the string method

Did you try the bearing puller method?

You should pop it in the freezer for about 30 minutes then re-visit the pliers method.

The string trick method won’t work when the bearing is that tight. ALSO: The Supernova is one of those yoyos known for this problem.

Awesome. Doing it now

I hope it works. Be patient and wiggle that bearing out using pliers. It could take quite some time, so be prepared.

You sure you wanna do it now? Its late, you could mess something up. If you want to right now, go for it. I would wait till morning.

Actually, the first time I needed to get my bearing out of my Supernova, I used the string method. Took around 5 minutes of struggling, though…

What’s the proper way to use it?

Are you putting it on the inner side of the bearing seat and wiggling? I think that’s the correct way to do it, and it works for me.

1:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ygCuTsfA28

I agreed with BigCat. All I use my multi tool for is bearing removal, and it works great! It took me a couple tries to get the feel of it, though. It’s a great tool once you get used to it.

Insert into bearing. Wiggle back and forth and/or around in circles. It may take some effort and time.

tried!!!

it just doesnt seem to work…

Could you take a video using your technique? Then, if there’s anything you aren’t doing right, we could help correct you!

Is there anything else I can do to get the bearing off?

If all else fails, crush the bearing with your pliers. It sucks but I’ve had to do it a few times over the years.

Yup, crush it. I would try pliers again though, then crush it.

Try using pliers to wiggle the multi tool. If not that crush it…

Ok how do I crush it safely?

Grip the bearing side HARD. SQUEEZE.

Another option might be to damage the cage system. and rip that out. Then tilt the yoyo so the balls run to one side an the outer race will come right off. Then get pliers and pull the inner race out.

Now you’ll want to take some sandpaper or a metal file and evenly remove the anodizing. After that, the bearing seat shouldn’t do this again. Do it to both sides.

Yes, YYF is aware of this issue and is working on it. At least that’s what they are saying. I have no reason to not trust them.

if the supernova is known for it, maybe the new one is fixed. When I think of tight bearing seats, I think of the g funk usually.