Stripped Axle Hole - HELP!!!

Is there anything I can do? I stripped the hole, not the axle, by accident. Is there anything I can do?

Try locktite or thread tape, or paying some cash to a modder and having them see what they can do, or buy a new yoyo.

If I have no other option… I guess.

Try some red loctite. That’s the heavy duty version. Otherwise determine what the next larger thread size is and retap it for that size screw. You need a lathe to do this decently, so like noted above, you may need to contact a modder to do it right.

I may be wrong, but I don’t think that loctite works for stripped axle holes.

It’s a glue, and it keeps the axle in the threads (or lack thereof). Other (VERY permanent) solutions include JB welding the axle into one side

1 Like

Don’t just put loctite on the axle then screw it in - take off the axle, apply loctite to it, then put it in as far as it can go in the stripped side and let it dry. That way you can still unscrew it when it’s cured and not have to re-apply it.

1 Like

Just for some loctite information. It was never intended to be used with stripped threads. It was created for bolts on machines that shake or harmonic violently causing tightened bolts to loosen themselves. This loctite would keep them in and secure. The blue is light duty. Still takes a bit to crack a bolt loose with this on it. The red on the other hand is almost permanent. It takes I think 450 degrees to loosen it so that the bolt can be loosened. With stripped threads I’m sure the temp of it doesn’t matter.

What I mean by use locktite is this: take the axle out, put locktite on the striped side of the yoyo and one side of the axle put the side of the axle with locktite back in the striped side of the yoyo and hope that the locktite can hold it in solidly.

This!! I’d forgotten about JB Weld (how could I :wink: )

Try this as the first step, since at this point you really have nothing to loose.

What yoyo is it?