Stripes for strings

Does anybody crave a precise set of stripes when making yoyo strings. I have the answer. I dont do it, because it takes effort, and blends are just easier, but sometimes when I get strings I feel like the maker was going for stripes, and it just blended. If I do a video this weekend on perfect stripes would somebody please watch it? I feel I can illuminate on the process.

7 Likes

Can you share a pic of what you mean by stripes?

1 Like

I’d love some good video tutorials on making strings, been wanting to get into it.

1 Like

stripes
Its a little blurry, but see how there are blue and green stripes that twirl down the string. The green and blue don’t overlap each other. Its like the are a cord that cascades down. If the just overlap then they blend together. I see blends when I think people want stripes.

4 Likes

Looks like the old Bee string that came with the TBB. Love those.

4 Likes

Right?! Theres alot to be said for blends and striping. If I can get 10 minutes and a camera I’m gonna do that video.

1 Like

Okay cameras gonna work this time I can feel it. Dont worry I haven’t forgotten this thread. I’m gonna get it made.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see what you end up with! I love strings :smiley:

Used those exclusively up until 2013. Bought out a yoyo mall cart when they closed. Have maybe 100 original bee strings still :smiley: Still use them on my Playmaxx yoyos.

2 Likes

Video editing is hard. I will see if I can have a finished vid soon.

2 Likes