strings

i was looking through the b/s/t and ive seen ppl selling strings and ill read bout there string and it says things like can make right handed and left handed string i was wondering wht the difference was?

I believe the strings are layed in an opposite direction. For example, right-handed strings are twisted to the right, while left-handed strings are twisted to the left.

When you are going to put the string on the yoyo you twist it clock wise to open the string, left string you have to twist it counter clock wise.

does left or right strings affect play?

(Jamesofyoyo) #5

Nope, it just makes it easier to put on if you are a lefty and use lefty string or a righty and use righty string. :wink:

~James Reed!

When you throw a sleeper with a standard (right-handed) string and you are right-handed, the string twists (tightens) half a twist.

When you throw a sleeper with a standard string and you are left-handed, the string tension loosens half a twist.

You are also tightening or loosening the string when winding up your yo-yo when it is attached to your finger.

If managing string tension matters to you during play then the direction the string is twisted matters.

oh i had know idea :o thanx