String types

Hey I’m new to yo-yoing and so trying to increase my knowledge of yoyos etc. I’m just wondering what type of string is best to use? And when to change it? And also the different types of string? Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

For beginners, 100% Cotton would be best. When you’re learning this type of string is best for beginner tricks. These strings aren’t the best for advanced players.

100% Poly is what most people use. Beginners can also use it, it’s just a matter of preference.

Hey, String is string though. Use what ya got, doesn’t matter unless you’re not satisfied with it.

Also, welcome. If you need any more help don’t be afraid to ask on the forums or PM me personally. Were glad to have you here.

Thanks you’re really helpful! :slight_smile:

Get some YYE 100% poly string any color you want I would start with atleast 25+ since you have to wait longer to get string in your country. You will be able to tell when the string looks like it should be changed out just by comparing it to the others. When first starting out I would say it will last you atleast a week a string.