string included w/ yyf yoyos

I just purchased my first YoYoFactory yoyo, the Lunatic. I’ve pretty exclusively used 100% poly, but decided to try the included string. It’s considerably softer than poly, and seems to work well for me. Just curious what it is. I’m thinking 50/50, but am not sure. Anyone know? Thanks. :slight_smile:

Well, YoyoFactory has their own branded strings made in Mexico along w/ other store brands. Im sure its YYFs own string.

1 Like

Thanks, but I’m wondering about the type. Is it a poly string that is a softer grade, a 50/50 or something else?

Its 100% Poly Just YYF Brand of Highlights.

1 Like

I’d take your word for it… since you’re you, but isn’t that where… um… the nation of yoyos, and that yo the get their string as well? I recall reading Mike stating they got their string from a factory in Mexico.

After Friday’s mishap, I’m definitely not convinced that it was 100% poly. The string snapped, as I haven’t had one do since my early days using cotton string. :frowning: I usually get a few days out of poly, this only lasted about a day, and that was light yoyoing.