Starting an unresponsive yo-yo???

So I got two yo-yos for my birthday. One that is semi-unresponsive and a YoYoJam ENEME, which is completely unresponsive. So unresponsive that I can’t even do a bind return on it!!! Or start it up with out winding it! Help please? ???

You need to work on your binding skills then. And with unresponsive yoyos, you have to do a bind after a snap or thumb start.

1 Like

just work on your binds watch the andre vids on it and practice it takes time but once you get it, your world of advanced yoyoing is opened. as far as starting it up?, i prefer stall starts (using your palms, watch jd’s x-movie to see him do it) but yeah theres multiple ways to start it up so find which you like best and go with it.

1 Like

When I first got my Dark Magic 6 months ago, it took me about 3 hours of solid play before I could get it to bind with a 90% success rate. And that is after having been an amateur yoyoer for a couple of years.

Don’t get frustrated if it make you feel like a noob. You’ll get it.

1 Like

use thick lube or work on binding, binding is really important to know

1 Like

Just practice binding on you’re “semi-unresponsive yoyo” a bunch of times, and get it down perfectly, and then you should get it on your ENEME.

1 Like

i would recommend that you learn to bind on your other yoyo. not only will its semi responsitivity help you out, but it will also smooth out your play for the future

1 Like

Justgo and practice practice practice your binds and once you figure it out it wil be like riding a bike and you will not forget how it will just eventually become natural

1 Like

I remember when I got my Dark Magic. It was my first unresponsive yoyo. I practiced for days. I had to have someone show me in person to be able to pull I off consistently. Now it’s as natural as breathing. I remember it being frustrating like nobody’s business.

1 Like

Also andre’s snap start video is good so you could just watch that a couple of times and then go to youtube and watch some other ones too. And once again just practic practice practice and you will get it. hope i helped

P.S. thats exactly how i figured out how to snap start my yo-yo’s.

1 Like

You can try making an extra loop around the yoyo with your throw hand before binding. It helps to get the yoyo back to your hand.

1 Like