Starting a yoyo club at college

So I’m going to be going to college at Wichita State University in the fall of 2019, and I am strongly considering starting a yoyo club there. I have already taught a few people (including my grandpa over Christmas) how to do the basics, so I think I could take it on.
Is there anything I should know about starting a club at a college? Do you have any tips on how to do it/prepare for it?

4 Likes

There’s some good info in this topic about starting your own club

3 Likes

Get simple responsive yoyos for people to start out on. I would recommend the whip and the pulse (people really enjoy that it lights up :joy:). Always have yoyos for people to try out when you walk around college. If they show any interest, send them to a social media page for the club (insta, facebook, etc). Keep communication simple. People dont want to even read a paragraph. Bullet point or a couple simple sentences.

2 Likes

Do you think it might be better to do a juggling/yo-yo club to generate more interest?
Do you know how to juggle a bit? It would be odd then to start a club for something you don’t know how to do.

The juggling clubs I’ve seen are pretty loose. People just do their own thing, and help each other when asked. Keep it simple.

I can keep three balls in the air for about 6-9 throws. So, I know how juggling works, I just don’t practice very much. I think that could definitely be an option if yoyos don’t gather enough interest. As of now, I’m planning on calling it a yoyo club, but also allowing anyone to bring any other skill toy they might have.

3 Likes