Just a short demo I threw together of the first ever square kendama.
Stay tuned for an update on the project soon
After many hours with a coping saw, elmer’s glue, a circular saw, clamps, an angle grinder, and a drill, it’s ready.
Next to my steeze kendama
tested it, and it works! it’s a little harder to use than a traditional kendama, but it’s still great fun, and even more rewarding when you land something. The cutouts in the cups actually work decently well, but I thought of a better way to try to do them if I make more of these. This took several full days to make though, because I had to let the glue dry fully for each step, which was rather time consuming. I would like to make it a bit smaller (The first one I made was before I had ever actually seen a kendama in person, and since I already had those dimensions, I just used them again)