Spyy Addiction Extensive Review

[b]Introduction-

[/b]Spyy. Always delivering the best. The Addict, which was the Addiction’s predecessor, was Spyy’s first yoyo to include the large C sized bearing, which actually made it so popular. The new releases have amazing acid fades, and minimal aspect changes from the original.

Specs-

Diameter: 54.00 mm / 2.13 inches
Width: 43.50 mm / 1.71 inches
Response System: Central Bearing Co - CBC Slim Pad
Weight: 65 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Construction/Response/Bearing-

The specs are changed very slightly from the Addict, and aside from including a new bearing size, it also has deep recess to accept flowable silicone. I have heard complaints about the pads being to grippy, even when broken in, but I found it to be 100% unresponsive, and to always give tight tight binds. Those who know me on this forum, know I am an absolute sucker for the outrageously organic shaped yoyos. That rounded butterfly shape is where it is at, much like ILYY’s, Anti-Yo’s and some General Yo’s. This guy is about mid sized, as it is just a tad bigger than the DV888. I, as you can see below, revieved the Piercing Pink colorway from a trade, but this color is no longer available anywhere. The Blood Black, which was my second choice, has also vanished from the shelves.

Finish-

Smooth. Silk to the skin smooth! It is an aesthetic beauty when shined upon, and is the best thing for grinds. I am an avid grinder, and find this as the top spot for my collection. The IGR is perfect, and isn’t super shallow or super deep. It allows your thumb to just rest on it in the perfect, according manner and makes for 6 second thumb grinds and up to 5 second arm stalls!

Playability-

The YoYo Expert description could never have been more right. DEAD SMOOTH. I have tried about 10 YoYo’s that are triple digit in my life, most of which where from friends, but it does NOT take much experience for anybody to realize this is different then other throws. Oh, you know it is there, but it has a tinkle of float and heft at the same time. This guy just doesn’t over due it in any particular areas! The rim weight gives 1.5 - 2 minute spin times without touching the string. I can easily pull off 30 second combinations without putting a damper on the RPM’s. Regens are also pretty easy as well, and a hand spin clocked in at an average of 13 second before being
un-bindable. There is just a tiny thunk at the end, and no matter how close you touch the string with your fingers to the yoyo, you won’t feel the SLIGHTEST vibe. It makes me wonder what it would be like with a Twisted Trifecta bearing in there!

Final thoughts-

Get it. If you have a liking for organic’s, smoothness, grinding, mid-sized throws, or all of the above you should get it. In each specific area, it just blew my mind. What a throw! Special thanks to SkiDot for the trade, he was very generous throughout the whole process.

ps: It almost looks like Sherbet while it is spinning, doesn’t it?

-Luke Torres
6th Sense YoYo Team

2 Likes